Another baby?

Chel

Reaction score
How long did others wait until they started to plan the next baby?

Jasper is only 6 weeks old and my hubby has mentioned the timing of our next baby a dozen or so times already. I think he'd love a big family, but Jasper is borderline colicy, so the idea of another baby gives me head spins.

I did talk to my mum about it and she said that the second baby is easier, because you've got experience up your sleeve, and also the elder one can entertain the baby when you're too busy, which I think is very sweet. And after talking to her I almost want another child sooner rather than later.

Not that there is any real hurry, but it took nearly 9 months to get pregnant with Jasper, so even if we started trying now it could still be a year and a half before we have the next one.

Its all just discussion at this point, I was just wondering how other people approached it, because now that Jasper is here I'm seeing it less like 'having a baby' and more like 'building a family' and I'd like to get it right.

LOL....It took 2 years TTC Charlotte and I got pg with this one when she was 3 months old...and we were using protection!

not considering having another for a while...Hannah's quite enough for me right now :lol:

I got pregnant right after coming off BC. So, I'm not even planning on trying until I actually want the child (as in.. not starting to try early). I'm going to start TTC when Colton is 3.5yrs old and he should be alittle over 4 when they are born. He will be old enough to do alot of stuff for himself, help a little with the baby and he will know the difference between right and wrong (which will help keep mommy sane :) )

not considering having another for a while...Hannah's quite enough for me right now :lol:

I agree! :lol: One is definitely enough for now... I know I could handle two for sure, but not really "willing" just yet if you get what I mean... though if it happened I would for sure. I have never heard that the second one was easier lol I have always been told- "it's harder with two..." One of my main concerns is that if I have a second child, s/he would not be as easy as Alexa is... I mean I know that babies are not easy, but Alexa is a fairly easy baby. Anyway, if your hubby wants a big family, start when your ready for number two, and I agree with marchbaby -start when you actually want the baby... I mean-when you are willing to deal with another child, just in case you get pregnant quickly. :hug:

well i orignially wanted to wait till archie was bout 4 and thn i thought my god im going to just about get my nights back to sleep good and thn id have another baby i must be mad!! loads r sayin ah jus hav thm close together get the sleeples nights over with lol but archie is enough for me right now i want to enjoy him first xx

i love being a mummy, its the best thing in the world, Annabelle has been good so far except slight bit of colic and few initial hiccups with her milk etc but everything is going relly well at the minute. i still cant begin to contemplate another baby right now, actually i am not to sure whether i actually do want anymore now i have Annabelle

Lou
xxx

We started thinking about it quite early on and didn't use protection from about 5 months but my cycles didn't get back to normal (I'm still breastfeeding) until Sam was 7 months so we started properly then - and now I'm pregnant :D

It took a long time (years) with Sam so I'm very happy that it's happened so quickly for us this time :cloud9: x

we don't think we want any more, if we did change our minds-it'd be in at least four years time but any longer and i wouldnt want to. don't think i'll change my mind though.

keely.

well originally i said no more, i was told i could never have children so maddi was just a blessing, and she only took 9months to conceive so we feel very lucky. after a month or so after she was born we both got very excited and thought maybe late 2009 we'd think about ttc again, but now we're back to our original plan that we have kind of had all along, wait until maddi is around 3/4years to start ttc again. maddi is plenty for us now, and we're enjoying it just us 3, not to say 'us 4' wouldn't be equally amazing and wonderful, but i do think, i could never have as easy baby as maddi is!! :lol: x

I can't wait to have another one think we've decided on trying again in 2011 when i get my implant out.

amber is 1 now.
id like to try in oct/nov 09. if bfn, then i'll want to try in feb 2010.
if a bfn no again id like just try same months each year
(no doubt i'l probably change my mind haha)

We are going to try again when she is approaching one as we want a summer baby next time - hopefully!!

It took us 2 years to concieve Olivia. So when Olivia was 4months old we had the chat & thought maybe taking a relaxed approach to ttc cos it may take 2years again. Well we never got round to ttc again & when she was 10mths i really didnt want another. The next month we slipped up the once & here we are nearly 8wks pregnant lol.

We really want to try for a second soon but if my husband had his way we'd be trying right away! I am b/feeding though and want to for probably 12 months, although I know of quite a few people who have got pregnant while b/feeding (like Sam's mum ;)

It took us a long time to conceive Poppy so that is a bit of a factor as I wouln't want to have a big gap between them if possible, but then again I can't imagine feeling sick and having to go to bed at half 9 like I did with my 1st pregnancy, and having a little baby to look after too!!

I would like another baby when Joseph is about 2, so will prob ttc when he is about 18 months so the next baby is here a few months after Joseph's 2nd birthday. I've always wanted 2 quite close together x

My daughter is nearly 16 years old and we are expecting Baby no 2 next August.

I have said I want 2 children. One boy and one girl (but beggers can't be chooser's,lol). I have already got my baby girl. But I feel complete with her. So who know's if I will ever have another. But right now, I don't. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->