Another bathing question

A

AppleBlossom

Do you use a baby bath to bath your LO or do you take them in the bath with you?

I found it too hard when I first tried to bath Grace in the baby bath because she is very strong and wriggly and that teamed up with wet skin was like bathing a fish. So I decided to get her used to the water I'd take her in with me. She loves going in and swimming about, putting her face in and I can keep a tight grip on her. The only thing she hates is being taken out because it's cold.

Was this a bad habit to get into?

callum comes in the bath with me now too!!! have you got one of those little baby seat things? u can get them for around £15 in argos. callum had one and loved his.

nicole always came in the bath with me too, she still does sometimes.

We use a baby bath. Never tried bathing with her (yet at least :D)

I bath Mikey with me occasionally. It's a good positive experience for them. I'll stop soon because he's getting older. At the moment I bath Kalea in her baby bath as she's tiny, but when theres more of her to hold, she can come in with me.

the baby seat in mothercare is realy gd:d its only 12.99 and its great i have it i use it if a bath ciaran on his own or with me i recommend it x https://www.mothercare.com/gp/produ...?ie=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42855041&mcb=core

I think it's great that you bath with her, i still bath with Grace occasionally and she's 3. It's fun for them and it's good to get them used to the big bath as the're not in baby bath for very long at all x

Caitlyn is officially too long for her baby bath. Next bath shall be in with me. I'm scared. :rofl:

Caitlyn is officially too long for her baby bath. Next bath shall be in with me. I'm scared. :rofl:

Don't be, it's fab! I was petrified at first cause I've been doing it since she was newborn and was tiny but now she's bigger I just make sure I support her while she lays on her back and splashes about :D

I would recommend a baby bath seat too. We had one for our lil one, and you have both hands free to wash them etc, and they can be used in the big bath when LO is too big for baby bath. They are worth it.

We have:

https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Prod...2|cat_10199769|Nursery+equipment|10199770.htm

It's brilliant!
We have used it from birth and just now took the little net thing out of it and he should be in it for ages yet!

we are gonna start having baths together this week i cant wait x

I bathe with Bella when I have the time. She loves it. If I don't have time and I'm just getting her ready for bed, I will put her bath in the big tub and just fill up hers, that way she can splash and not make a mess. Either way, she loves bath time.

We fill the big bath or the sink then sit her on a foam form. Once a week or so, she'll shower with me.

:hug:

we do a bit of both, sometimes in her baby bath and sometimes with me :)

Skyler has his own baby bath but we will soon be using a baby bath support ring for upright sitting in bathtub as his bath is getting to small for him. He keeps bumping his head against it.He has been able to hold his head upright by himself since the very first month,so this wont be a problem.
Here's an example of it
:
https://kidsstuff.stores.yahoo.net/b148-bathring.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back