Another Bully story (long sorry)

M

Mom23monkies

OK so I have another Bully story and really just need to vent so PLEASE forgive me Ladies (And Gentlemen)
The Story started last year when Our school district decided to send 5th graders (10 and 11 year olds) to middle school, it used to be they didn’t go to school until 6th grade (11 and 12 year olds. Most Middle schools here are 6 – 8 grades 8th being 13 and 14 year olds. As parents we protested this but the school system had made its mind up and we really didn’t have much choice.
The whole thing was done over politics really
The county started building two new intercity schools (one of them replacing a school that wasn’t more than 15 years old) Well one of our schools that feed into the middle school kept flooding and was on a 10 year plan to be relocated
Apparently the state decided that it really needed to be dealt with and that the county wouldent receive the funding to FINISH the inner city schools until they had done something with the one elementary school that kept flooding
SO they came up with the absolutely fantastic idea (you can note my sarcasm right??) of closing it sending all of the preschoolers to the elementary school my kids go to all of the k-4 to the other elementary school and then sending the fifth graders to a new wing at the middle school.
As parent we were angry and one of the major reasons is that we didn’t feel it would be safe for our 5th graders to be interacting with 8th.
In the long run they promised us that they would never be in the same areas!!
They were even fixing the school busses to pick up at different ends of the school
So the 5th and 6th graders would get on and off at the east end and the 7th and 8th graders would get on and off and the west end
BUT that changed!!!
Just before school started they decided that that was going to be too much work so all students would get on and off together
But the principal of the school PROMISED that no child would ever be more than 25 feet from an adult.
Yesterday as my son who is 10 will be 11 in December was waiting on his school bus as it’s the last one to pull in to pick up and was pushed to the ground and kicked by an 8th grader who announced “That’s for calling me gay mother %&*#&”
(I am not going to pretend my son is always innocent but gay is a word I doubt he would use as we have some family who are) The boy then told his friends that My son had been trying to lick him and kiss him and hug him (my son is a bit of a germaphobe so again I find it difficult to believe) So then my son got up and was trying not to cry (he is only 1 after all) and the other boys friend started yelling “again again” so the boy came over and pushed my son to the ground AGAIN and told him to stay there.
I am appalled that it happened ONCE the fact that it wasn’t caught and stopped after that straight up infuriates me!
My FIL says I shouldn’t make a big deal of it that if I do I am just putting a target on my son and it will just get worse. My BIL who is a teacher said that I should just have my son stay near a teacher until the bus gets there.
I don’t agree with either of them!!!!!
I want to know how this was allowed to happen in the first place and what they intend to do to keep it from happening again!!
Have two other children who will go thru this school and I am now scared to death about what’s going to happen when its my DAUGHTER!!
Any way Thank you for listening to me go on
It really makes me sad and angry all at the same time
I am seriously trying not to cry right now

Im sorry hun, that sounds like a really difficult situation, i guess the same old advice of going in and speaking to teacher and the head applies here too :( its heartbreaking sending your children somewhere when you dont know if their safe or looked after properly :( :hugs:

Thanks The principal (equivelant to head master here) Said a disciplinary action was taken against the other young man and told my son to stay next to a teacher untill his bus showed up
I feel like the other child should be the one being made to stand with the teachers.
But what can I do??
Thanks again hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"