Another Cervical Mucus Question (and new bleed?).....

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by babyell, Dec 17, 2009.

1. babyell

babyell Well-Known Member

I should know this but I have looked all over google and everthing is so complicated..

I am on CD 8 and have alot of 'egg white' (but a slight creamy tinge in colour)mucus that stretches over an inch between my fingers, but negative on OPK. Does this mean I am due to ovulate in a day or so, I dont understand how the mucus charting works.

(Or possible TMI, could it be 'leftovers' from sex yesterday that is working it's way out?)

Please help :)

HELLLLPPPPP....

CD1 bled a bit, lost a weird clot, and then stopped bleeding by tea time.
    CD2-4 heavy bleeding bright red.
    CD 5-CD8(today) no bleeding - Had lots of slimy stretchy mucus, but went to the toilet at 8pm and have fresh red blood? whats going on???

CONFUSED :(

2. HippyMumma23

HippyMumma23 Well-Known Member

If that was me, I would discard the OPK's (I find them both annoying and confusing) and guess that I was about to Ov in the next 24 hours judging by the cm. I personally dont get the stretching thing with DH's leftovers (for want of a better word ;) ) I only get that when Im about to ovulate.

CD8 is very early though, perhaps you ovulate early, I mean they say strecthy cm means you'll ovulate 24-48 hours later so you might ovulate on CD10 which isnt massively early and intirely possible.

3. cdj1

cdj1 Mummy to 2 princes

I OV'd on CD16 of a 33 day cycle....(according to +OPK) but still got stretchy EWCM till CD19!!!!! Weird!!!!!

4. WannaB

WannaB Busy Finding Nirvana!

I wouldnt ditch the opks just yet! I have had the stretchy cm early on in a cycle and not ovulated till late on. Sometimes one thing alonecan not determine whats going to happen I find. Cervical mucus can be affected by lots of things including diet, stress and sickness etc so it shouldnt be relied on 100% same as opks shouldnt be a sign that you will definatley ovulate. Its not out of the question to O that early so the best thing to do is to bd to cover your bases and keep up with the opks if you can just to make sure you dont O at a later date. Good luck hun!:hugs: