Another day of tightenings ahead??

Annie77

Cautiously expecting
Reaction score
I was admitted for observation last Saturday night due to tightenings but discharged on Sunday as they stopped and baby spun round to breech.
Felt ok Monday but niggles started again Tuesday evening (baby still breech).
All of Wednesday and Thursday I had them too.

In the last two hours I have had about 10 episodes of tightening. I'm sure they are just braxton hicks - tummy goes rock hard, crampy feeling in tummy and back and I feel a bit breathless whilst it happens. Have had no show, no loose bowels, my cervix was shut tight on Saturday & my tightenings only measured 40-50 on the ctg.

Also this morning my baby is turning again and now her head is down by left hip and feet under right side ribs. My midwife said I should phone triage if they continue but I have so many other things to do vs lying in triage on a ctg only to find they are BH & I am wasting their time. My problem is I have not to go into labour as I am to be sectioned.

Is anyone else getting BH throughout the day 5-20 minutes apart?

My midwife said it doesn't matter what number the tightenings reach on the ctg as it all depends on how tight they put the strap, where abouts it is, etc. I had 2 ctgs 2 hours apart, on one they were getting up to 70, the next up to 30, but apparently its more how frequent they are than the number they hit. I know its a pain sitting there for hours being monitored, but if you're not to go into labour, giving them a call could be the best option? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->