• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Another food thread: evening snack

emyandpotato

Reaction score
So my dad is insisting that people will want something else to eat around 8 or 9 in the evening. I am thinking of doing a little snack box for each person, nicely packaged (like below). What shall I put in them though?! It needs to be something that doesn't need cooking or to be kept warm/cold. I am thinking perhaps some sort of pastie/pie, a piece of fruit, and some sweet stuff but IDK? And I think I'll need something else?!

Attachments

• 31004901249.jpg
    31004901249.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 5
No idea what you could put in them but I think it's a brilliant idea :thumbup:

Definitely a good idea - i went to a wedding recently where there was virtually no food in the evening and me and my friends stopped off at MacD's on the way home, we were so hungry! :blush:

I'd suggest stuff you can eat on the go, so if you do include fruit don't put anything really juicy/that needs peeling. The pasty is a good idea, or maybe some nice breafast pastry type things (haven't you got a bit of a running theme of french boutique kind of thing? maybe some French bakery items would go down well?)

I did think maybe a croissant or pan au chocolat but I wondered if it'd be too weird and breakfasty?! My mum said it's a silly idea and to just give people beans on toast but I'm not down with how tacky that could maybe look :blush:

I think a pastry would be nice, because you could also try find some little packets of maybe butter and jam that they could use with them, and perhaps a piece of fruit and a nice cup cake (I know you can plastic individual cupcake containers so frosting doesn't end up everywhere).

It's a brilliant idea though xx

Where are you having the evening reception? We're just doing bacon rolls at the hotel :) x

The same venue and rooms as the rest of the wedding. We don't have a caterer so don't want anything that needs cooking, don't want bacon fat on my dress :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->