Another "I want to swap to cloth" thread

Dream.A.Dream

Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!
Reaction score
After some help please as it all just confuses the life out of me.

Edward is 12 weeks. Has your bog standard runny poos, wee's a lot but disposables have never leaked, he can go 12 hours in a baby dry over night. He's 13lb 2ozs.

I would preferably like to use all in one type ones. And I want them to be pretty. I like this...but I don't really know what I'm looking at :blush:
https://www.cyberstrawberry.co.uk/acatalog/Pink_-_Bum.html

xx

ETA: OH's main objection to them is that they're too big and bulky. So any recommendations for slimmer ones would be good :)

Those are pocket ones...they are great! We loved them especially for over night. But for my little guy they were a big bulky for during the day. I really liked the BumGenius organic AIO for during the day, they are very trim, also one size. Fuzzi Bunz are another pocket that are great, I like the sized much better than their one size but Hayden stayed in smalls all the way through his diaper time...he can still wear them at 32mo. They just released some new colors that are really nice too. I heard they made the sizing smaller again so it's more accurate with their size chart so Hayden might be ina medium if I bought some now

I wash all of mine the same way, I have lots of diff types and brands

Cold rinse
Hot wash with detergent...only about 1/4 of what I'd use in a load of regular clothes
another cold rinse
dry 2x on low heat

Then I stuff them all, put them all together and store them in these little plastic drawers.

wss ^^ on both posts though i air dry :flower:

Eeep, it's all so confusing :lol: I guess it's not when you get used to it though xx

Another question.

How do you store/wash/dry them? :) xx

I dont know how other people store their cloth nappies, but for Izzys new bedroom (nursery too small and they get shoved in a drawer) she is having a CD Tower, I know that sounds crazy but they are just the right width to keep nappies in - so its easy to group them and see what you need
Something like this https://www.furnitureinfashion.net/images/white-cd-dvd-tower-210-001-13.jpg

I'm tempted to just buy them and tell OH to shush when he complains :lol: xx

I'm tempted to just buy them and tell OH to shush when he complains :lol: xx

That's what I would do! In our house he earns it and I spend it (plus I spend what i earn hahahahhaha)

Well I'm the one that changes his nappy most, therefore what I say goes right? ;)

To get Mark to agree I just told him I'd change them all if he found them too hard, once he saw them he actually liked cloth better

Tom complains once in awhile, but he deals with it and I don't think he minds that much. He has said some are cute etc....

I really like Blueberry Pocket diapers... They are very expensive though... I also like a newer brand called Kawaii diapers which are much more reasonably priced, in fact they are about a third of the price, you can get them on Ebay. Both Kawaii's and Blueberrys have a thicker layer of PUL lining which is the waterproofing.

BTW I have the minky diapers from Kawaii!

I prefer pocket diapers, they are alot faster to dry and since the inserts can come out you can strip them if they gets smelly or whatever. Also pocket diapers dry alot faster. Expecially if you hang your cloths up outside alot.... I have a couple AIO's and they takes ages to dry, even in the dryer!

https://www.babykind.co.uk/blueberrypocket.htm
https://www.theluvyourbaby.com/

I like Fuzzibunz too... and other brands here and there.

:wave:
there are a few articles on here somewhere about 'getting started in cloth' ... was it littlestar? whio wrote them? ummm, anyway we startd off in those ones you are looking at, they are great, really reliable. edward is bigger than K was so bulk shouldnt be too much of an issue. we mainly now use them, flips, itti bittis, bumgenuis organic all in ones, blueberries and various pockets! at night we use close parent pop ins or a tots bots stretchy, wee notions or bedbug with a wrap.
it is confusing at first and was much easier once we got our set up sorted (bucket, mesh, place to keep them etc) we just chuck them in the wash every 2 or 3 days and hang them on the line or an airer.
OH was keen from the start for the environmental and cost aspects mostly - but he's too nervous to actually use them himself unless i'm supervising :wacko: even though he's had loads of lessons!
good luck! its loads of fun :thumbup:

my hubby hates the chemical smell of sposies now we use cloth - can't say he changes more nappies now though, but he certainly prefers cloth!

links in my siggy :thumbup:

Yep littlestar has a fab article :D tells you what all the nappies are and types etc :D

good luck Katie - BTW Edward is so cute :D x

yay! :yipee: Im so excited 2 cu in here hun! This is the best place to learn if you are wanting to make the switch...even hanging around the threads, asking qns etc.

Littlestars links are invaluable! Really well written to understand, definitely read them! :D

Stop it Ladies, I'm blushing! :blush:

i'm not used to all this praise.

Seriously though, they will point you in the right direction.

My DH eventually just said, 'go on then, you're not gonna let it drop are you' when I wanted to switch, at the end of the day it's me that does he bum changes lol.

If you like the AIO's and prettyness id recomend Ittis they seem to be the most popular, i also use bambootys, chushie tushies and flips, out of all the nappies i use id probably recomend flips the most for the leak-proof ness and there size also there BTP but there not as pretty as some of the others! My OH didnt really care he just rolled his eyes and said "im not changing them" he does now tho :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->