Another name thread.. What do you think about this one?

Emma93

Reaction score
I had a post on here last week, or the week before about two girl names I had picked out.. Sophia Rose or Harper..

Well I've now completely gone off Sophia! *sigh*

But I have fallen in love with the name Mia, pronounced m-ee-ah rather than my-a and again with Rose as a middle name.

What do you think about this one? I've had one opinion from a friend and she said it was 'Chavvy'...

I think Sophia is so elegant. Mia not so much there's allot of Mia's.

It's used quite a lot? That might not bother you, it's personal preference. I've heard it so many times lately its not what I would call a 'wow' name.

That's just my opinion xx

Where I live Mia is very popular, it's pretty though x

Both names are very popular right now so not my favorite .

I do like Mia better tho

I still think Haper is awesome :)

And I have always thought " Sienna Rose" was just gorgeous. :)

I know heaps of Mia's.

I like Mia and Sophia. Harper is quite trendy where I live, so I'm not as crazy about that one, but you should choose what you love.

Mila would be pretty too (meelah). Mila Rose. I like Mia too though.

I agree with thenprevious poster that you should choose what you love as that is all that matters. Mia, Sophia and Sienna are all very popular here and inknow so many babies with those names already that I personally wouldn't use them. Harper is less common here and Mila is also starting to get popular. Having said that, they are all pretty names so just go with what you like :)

Thank you all =)

I seem to be a right little country bumpkin in the middle of nowhere :haha:

I know one Sophia, not personally, where I work/ed a woman has a little girl named Sophia. & I knew a Mia a few years below me in school. But that's it!

The only reason I've gone off Sophia is because I'm not too keen on Soph, which I'm convinced it will be shortened to, if not by adults, by friends at school.

& as much as I do love Harper, now all I hear is Beckham :dohh:

I also LOVE Sienna, but I know a girl who has just named her baby that, so I don't want to step on any toes

xxx​

I love Harper and I agree I don't like soph, reminds me of soap.

in what world is Mia chavvy?

ive never met a child called Mia but when I think of the name I think quite upper middle class as all the Mia's Ive heard of attended the local privet school

i don't know what Chavvy means.

I know i love the name Mia and haven't met one in my life.

Of course this could because of region and country.

If you love Harper go with despite how crazy popular it has become. If you love Mia go with it no matter how popular it may be where you live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->