Another new girl!

Bonnielass

Reaction score
Hello everyone, can I come in?? After reading through many, many posts, I have decided to become an active member instead of a shameful lurker :shhh:
I'm 28, Scottish, newly married, and have been living in Spain for the last three years (hubby is Spanish)...we have officially decided to start BDing this month. One niggling issue though is that DH's sister has had two babies with downs (little girl sadly died at 3 months and little boy aborted) and a 'normal' happy little 5 year old. Although she has been having tests done which have apparently shown 70% abnormalities (?), she hasn't been too forthcoming with information. Obviously DH and I are a little concerned as to whether he could also be affected by this, but don't want to pry too much or advertise the fact that we are TTC. Sister is 38...
Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Looking forward to a new forum life now I'm out of the closet!

Hey Bonnielass, I'm another Scot (although in rainy Scotland not sunny Spain!) and also quite new to BnB. I've found the site really helpful and reassiring - hope you do too. Good luck xx

welcome!! just wanted to say that the chromosome problem may run in your SIL's DH's family, so it may not affect you... although it is quite possible it is in your Dh's family too... has anyone else in your hubby's family had a chromosome defect?? You said your SIL is 38, when did she she get pregnant with the kids who had downs? The older you are, the higher the risk for Down's or another chromosome defect; usually after the age of 35 you are considered to have a higher chance. Good Luck TTC, and hope you get a healthy :bfp: very soon!!

Wow! What a welcome! Thank you all for your lovely messages!:hugs:
Alexas Mommy, thanks for your input...SIL was 36 first time and 38 second, so I agree age could play a role.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->