Another newbie

workaholic

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wanted to introduce myself.

I've been hovering around for about a few months now and just listening to everyones stories makes me feel that there are other people out there who are going through the same emotions that i am.

I'm desperate to start a family, but we've had a recent setback in our plans. I'd just convinced my OH that we were able to afford to start a family, when we were let down in a bad way by one of our clients who now owe us a considerable amount of money and can't pay (we both work together from home). This now means that we don't really know when we'll be back on our feet financially again and therefore when we can TTC.

We are planning to be TTC in October 2009, in the hope hope that our financial problems will be sorted out by then!

I do worry about working from home with a baby, especially as our business relies on us both. Does anyone have any experience of working from home with a baby?

Angie

Hi and welcome!
I think you can work at home with a baby as long as you spell each other off. I work from home a bit with some writing contracts that I take on in addition to my regular job. I must say that I find it really hard to get even small things done for people right now. I need longer unbroken periods of time to get focused and most babies don't give you that. If you both work at home, you could have an afternoon and morning shift and get stuff done that way. You also might have a baby with a great routine and be able to work around that.
I would advise planning for less productivity and income and being pleasantly surprised if that's not the case? :)

Shifts are a good idea! Thank you!

I think it will work out OK working from home, it's just OH who worries a lot, which makes me think I'm just being an optimist, so then I start to worry too!

Hello
Just wanted to say hello and welcome x

Being a newbie here also I wanted to Welcome You! Hope your circumstances get better for TTC in Oct.You are not alone with the let downs.It's always when we least expect them.Working from home should not be a problem for your family just a little more organization when the baby arrives.

It was nice meeting you.:flower:

Thank you all for your welcomes and positive thoughts! I do need them right now!!

Hello and welcome!

I'm actually planning to work from home with a baby too (planning to ttc #1 in sept/oct). My partner works part time from home and I currently work full time from home. We are planning to both work part time when we have a baby so we can work different shifts/days and work around the baby's routine. Obviously we have no experience of this but are hoping it will work out okay! :)

Sorry to hear about your setback. We had a nightmare year last year....in brief we lost money when the sale of our flat fell through (for the 3rd time), we had already moved out into rented so found ourselves paying rent and mortgage for 4 months (before we managed to get tenants into flat) which took quite a lot of our savings. Then we bought a new car which was dodgy, but there wasn't anything we could do as the garage owners disappeared a few weeks after we got the car. So we lost that money too and had no car! There were other things but don't want to write an essay ;)

Anyway, my point is, this year things have really turned around for us so I hope the same happens for you! Hope to see you in TTC section in oct! :)

Aww! Thanks for all the welcomes.

purple01 - it's good to hear things have turned around for you. I'm sure they will for us - in fact yesterday we had 2 good things happen (business-wise), so hopefully it's the start of things to come!

Hey :hi: welcome to BnB hope you get to start TTC soon :)

Hello! :wave: welcome to BnB and especially to WTT :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->