ANOTHER plug question...sorry!

Boomerslady

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure at my antenatal class they told us a bloody show was a sign and it'd mean stuff will kick off very soon. I think I've seen other ladies saying similar.....

So I lost some of my plug on Sunday....then had a sweep on Tuesday, it gave me no signs or pains, until yesterday morning when I lost a lot of bloody plug (sorry if tmi)....I've had no signs since...except minor period type pains (I've had no pains like that throughout) but nothing major...

I'm just clutching at straws that something will happen before Sunday! Does anyone know what the bloody show mean???

Some women lose their plug weeks before going into labour, but many lose it a day or two before. It varies for each woman and each pregnancy. So, yes, it is a sign of impending labour....but not for everyone :)

Got everything crossed for you labour starts soon hun x

I lost mine what I was around 3cm dilated - nothing at all before then.
xx

Can you go into labour without having 'lost your plug' ?

Thanks for replying :)

Snoopy I don't know why I thought that altho your show could happen at anytime, if it was blood streaked/bloody it meant more....if that makes sense??

I'm probably sooo wrong! I hope it starts too.

Boomerslady - you're right - most plugs that are bloody do indicate labour soon, compared to non-bloody plugs that could come away much earlier. But as with everything medical there are always exceptions and nothing's guaranteed. I really, really do hope this is it for you - are you going for lots of walks and stuff?? :D

PieMistress - you can go into labour without having noticeably lost it, but all pregnancies have a plug in place. The plug's lost when the cervix starts to dilate, but you might not notice it if it's very gradual or you're not looking for it.

Thanks snoopy :) I knew you'd know the answer!! I've been walking a bit, but the roads are bad today, I was clinging to my OH for dear life earlier!!

I've been bouncing on my ball for at least an hour or two a day....but when I did today it slightly intensified my belly and back ache. Ahhh who knows! I'll have to be patient for once!

No worries :D Bouncing on the ball is good. If you don't want to risk the roads (and who would?!), try the stairs - preferably sideways as that includes a swaying motion too. It'll get boring though so use music :D

Hi hun

I lost mine literly just as labour started,then the cramps began..

xx xx

With my other 2 pregnancies I lost my plug at least 2 weeks before I actually went into labor. But with my last pregnancy I lost my plug and then about 2 ish weeks later I had what the mw called bloody show but to me it was A LOT of blood after that within 12 hours I was in labor and she was born 13 hours after that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->