Another question about baby carriers, sorry

Rachel_C

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm sorry to post this question again... I know there are loads of threads asking what type of baby carrier to get, but I'm just soooo knackered and I can barely find the energy to type, let alone look through other threads. So here's my question:

Leyla is 10lbs now (at 17 days old) and I've really hurt my wrist so I'm struggling to carry her. I bought a cheapie Red Kite sling thing but either I'm too big or she's too big and it won't go near us. I want something really easy to put on and that I won't need help getting her into. I'm not bothered about pretty patterns or anything and I don't really have a price in mind. It just needs to be something practical and that I can get delivered quickly. Ideally I'd like it to last until she's quite a lot older but as long as it'll last a good few months that's fine. Do you have any recommendations for us? I'd like it to be something that ties or fastens, rather than just something that slips on, so it's adjustable for me and OH, but it needs to be easy because I can't bend my wrist much at the moment. And seeing as she's still quite young, it needs to support her head until she can hold it up for herself. I'd really appreciate your thoughts.

Er, you could get a Mei Tai, BabyHawks are nice and simple and adjustable and would support her head or a ring sling but I don't think that would be as comfy for really long periods of time, but it is really quick and easy and also adjustable for you both to use. I have a Simply Mei Tai and I'm looking for a ring sling as it would be easier just for nipping out quickly. Other people on here could probably help more though :)

I agree, Ring Slings are so simple to use. Inuse mine all the time at home and in and out of the car but they're not for long walks etc. There are loads out there...I have Rockin Baby Ring Sling and LOVE it.

I just sold my Babyhawk Mei Tai and LOVED that too but not sure how supportive it'd be for a newborn? Mei Tai's are great for long periods of use.

I am just waiting on a Connecta which I think might be more practical for you. They have the same pincipal as a Mei Tai but with a bit less hassle....

Have a look at this...

https://www.connectababycarrier.com/

Anymore questions, please ask away....! Hope you and Leyla are getting on well! :D

xxxx

i love the mei tai :D aimees just over 10lb and shes fine in it, its very comfy much more comfy than my freedom sling so id recommend one of them lol

thankoo laurie:flower:

i love the mei tai :D aimees just over 10lb and shes fine in it, its very comfy much more comfy than my freedom sling so id recommend one of them lol

thankoo laurie:flower:

You're welcome :D

xx

I love my ring sling for shorter carries, also good for "hands free" breastfeeding. I must use that thing every day for quick shopping trips, in and out of the car, etc. I also have a Rock'n Baby ring sling. Good from newborn till you can't carry them anymore.

A Mai Tai (I have a babyhawk) is very simple to use and great for longer carries. You can also carry on your back once your LO is older. These get easier to use once they can hold their heads up.

A woven wrap is your most flexable carrier. You can do front, side and back carries in a variety of different ways. It is also the most overwhelming to learn, but once you have it mastered it's very cool. I have a HOPPEDIZ® wrap. These are great for newborn until you can't carry anymore. I've seen one girl demonstrate with her 7 year old son.

The most important thing when picking a carrier is to be able to position the baby correctly. You want to ensure that when the baby is held upright that his/her knees are above the hips and that the spine is supported and rounded. That's why these are the only three types of carriers I talk about because I believe they allow for the best support of the baby with the greatest comfort to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->