• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

another question about gallbladder?

rachael22

Reaction score
hiys ladies i wentto A&E twice last week thinking i was having a heart attack last friday i was up 6 hours in agonising pain! i couldnt lie flat i couldnt breathe in deepley or couldnt even move to be honest, so after 6 hours of pain i said enoughs enough, so mu OH took me to the hospital where they hooked me up to an ECG all came bacl fine thankgod! ive been having theses aches and attacks since mid dec, LO was 10 weeks old when i had the first attack, doctors keep thinking its stomach ulcers and the doc down the hospital was quite suprised i had been taking 40 mg of omerprazole and i was having this pain! ive had an ultrasound on my upper stomach organs and they found a polyp in my gallbladder so im waiting to see a surgeon and to have a camera test done, i also had bloods done at the hospital liver,kidney and blood count all came back fine! so my question is can liver function come back normal even though there might be a gallbladder problem, i had a bowel movement after the attack and it was a greeny yellow colour also my stools are lighter than normal recently. all pains come from gallbladder area around my right rib cage! thanks for reading leadies and please reply im going out of my mind im so sure its not ulcers Xx

Ok i'm not going to be much help, but I have had abnormal liver funcion tests but something they are not worried about (bilirubin) and have also had the extreme pain you are on about, was put on a high dose of omeprazole and ranitidine and they both done sod all, had a scan and they said everything is normal to look at and couldnt see any gallstones. I had a camera down into my stomach to check for ulcers and they found I had a hiatus hernia but that is supposed to not be a problem either. I have found it a nightmare to be treated for whatever is wrong with me but you have to keep badgering them. When I was 16 I was hospitalised due to the pain and they tried to tell me I had really bad chlamidia (LOL) then when they got back my all clear results they didn't know what to do with me and discharged me :dohh:

I am constantly having problems with bowel movements, light/dark, too often/not often enough but then they say that its unrelated and I have IBS!!! I have admitted defeat but if I were you I wouldnt stop badgering them!!

Also do you find it is worse after eating? Espcially fatty foods? It is for me and i'm soooo sure I have gallstones but because i'm only 21 they think its impossible :(

Rubbish! Deffo not impossible....Gallstones in young people are becoming more common especially in females who have taken the pill or had a baby at a fairly young age.I developed gallstones at 17!

Just keep going back and having more tests until they find out what is wrong.I know its frustrating.Pale stools should always be checked out by a Dr. xxx

I am 27 and have had them since I was 22/23 when I had my first serious attack and ended up having an emergency scan. I then had them on and off for a couple of years and since March 09 I'd had nothing. I had grumbles through pregnancy as that is normal. Nothing since.

Then over the last week I started getting backache in that area and specific sharper pains there. I didn't even think of my gallstones as I'd been free of it for so long and am so careful to avoid trigger foods. Then Sunday night, the night before due to start my new job, OMFG, I was rolling round crying (bearing in mind I coped pretty damned well with labour!!!) and the pain was like you describe. It's the worst attack I have ever had, and I have had a few. It was straight up my back, between shoulder blades, front of chest, top of tummy. My husband wanted to call an ambulance and I threatened to walk out if he did (he thought I was having a heart attack) as I was due to start work! I then had niggles Monday and Tuesday and this morning had another massive attack at about 4am. Again I was meant to be working. The next attack I have I have agreed with my husband I will go to hospital as they are getting worse.

It is not impossible to have gallstones at a young age at all. They usually do say they are more common if you are fat, female and (over) forty (I am 2 of the 3 haha), but it is not impossible to develop them sooner. I had eating disorders in my late teens and that probably contributed, but I also gained a lot of weight after illness, just before I started getting these attacks.

I don't think liver function tests are affected by gallbladder problems, or not always anyway. I had clear liver function tests (I have had them done a couple of times) but the scan revealed definite stones!

Your pain definitely sounds like gallbladder pain. Seems really obvious but try to eat low fat where you can as it is fat that causes attacks (as well as sometimes alcohol, stress, sugar).

thanx 4 your replies, these pains felt like they was actually in my heart painful wasnt the word! after the attàck eased off i was gettin niggly sharp pains across my belly 4 days, your rite acid tablets dont work x

ooooh sooooo painful, just like a heart attack. Had no gallstones just a very infected Gallbladder with sludge. They did take it out as it was at risk of sepsis. Keep going back until they whip it out xx

Exactly what mine was like.

Sorry I dont have time to post a big reply but I had my gallbladder out (after a year of dying on my bathroom floor at night) in 2009.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"