Another Vaccination Thread

diz

Reaction score
o.k. ...... so I had my first visit from the health visitor on Monday (are they all that condescending....?). At the end of the visit she was writing stuff in my LO red book and asked me to sign two things to do with vaccinations.

I said, i haven't decided exactly what i want to do with regards to vaccinations. She looked at me like i was completely insane. So i said i might go private. So she said what? for the MMR? So i said well may be for all (i was not brave enough to say i might contemplate not having my LO vaccinated against some diseases). he was trying to probe so i just said, i don't know enough about it to say anything, i need to do some more research. Well she didn't seem too happy, but i could see that she was trying to remain un-judgemental.

Basically i don't know enough about the topic. I want to make an educated, informed decision about the vaccinations my son receives. I don't want to be sidelined into giving my LO vaccinations just because that what the health care profession has had us all doing for the past 30 years, and i also don't want scaremongers to scare me out of not giving him vaccinations.

Can anyone recommend a non bias web site or book that talks about all vaccinations given to children in the UK. There pros and cons, and wether the NHS route is any worse or better then by going private. For example, are the 'ingredients' they use in the vaccines when you go private any different to the composition of the same equivalent NHS vaccination...?

Thanks

The only way to get close to unbiased information is to go directly to the original science articles that have led to the current vaccination programmes. This would include research on their effectiveness, contraindications and any side effects etc. I would suggest registering at your local university library and spending some time browsing their medical journals. Most will have a significant number available free online as well as in the library but you will need the registration details from your library to access them.

I'd offer to help but until I'm back at work I've got no access to journals.

My baby is 13 wks old and so far I have put the brakes on her vaccines. She is due for her 8wk check at the Drs later (she was prem) so I'm expecting an earful. I have been called twice for the vaccines and the last time the receptionist on the phone wanted to know why I was turning them down. I told her I am in discussions with the Dr. My Dr was really nice actually, I told him I wanted to make an informed choice and he ADMITTED in an ideal world babies would not be vaccinated so early.
Apparently in countries when vaccines aren't started til 1yr+, SIDS is virtually nonexistent.

Good luck with this, I honestly don't know what to do either xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->