Ante natal classes?

jen1604

Reaction score
hey girls.So..I'm 30 weeks pregnant and I havent actually done any ante natal classes.How many of you are doing them?My midwife said its completely up to me and I admit,Im a bit of a hippy earth mother 'its natural why do we need classes' type but I'm starting to wonder if I've made the right choice.Any advice?

Your midwife is right, and it's up to you. I found the labour ones good though as I didn't know what to expect at all when labour started happening. Also, I think the newborn class will be good just for some tips from people who know how to take care of a wee one (coz I certainly don't!).

I decided against the classes, would have cost me $75 to take here and I figured the money could be used in other places. Besides women have been having baby's for ages and I have this forum and my family to answer any questions I might have.

We're going to ours on Saturday from 9.30am -3.30pm so it will be quite a long day. I must admit I'm more interested in the hospital tour than the class itself. Although I'm pretty sure it will be benificial to us as we're both first time parents so any tips will be absorbed gratefully :) xXx

I'm going to a talk on water births and i'm not sure about the others yet, i will go if i have time.

I think it's down to personal preference though.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->