Ante-natal/Parenting Class

Laura1984

Ruby's Mummy
Reaction score
We have our first one tomorrow. I'm a little bit nervous and really don't know what to expect??

Do I need to take anything with me? What kind of things will they make me do?

I hope it's not like it looks in childcare books like something out of the 80's lol

xx

Sorry I can't help but just wanted to wish you luck, hope it goes really well and there are lovely people there :)

:hug:

Hiya
I had my parent-craft classes last week. The first one was just about labour. They didnt have any books or videos. It was basically 2 midwifes talking through the stages of labour, what to expect, positions and how to keep relaxed etc etc. They also went through pain relief and let us try the gas and air. They give advice to birthing partners on how to help.

The second class was about reusable nappies, breastfeeding+bottlefeeding and taking baby home. The midwife explains the support network for feeding and how to express, which positions are best,how to make bottles up etc. The taking baby home part was basically how to clean the first 'dirty' nappy, bathing baby, hot and cold weather and how to put your baby to sleep (blankets,cots etc)

You dont need to take anything, they provide hot and cold drinks. I hope this helps a little.

Glad you started this thread!! I start mine on Thursday & am really nervous

So hoping i'm not the only one who goes without a partner :(

You wont be the only one. There was ladies in my group alone. Dont worry about that. Its fun to see people who are at the same stage as you. You'll enjoy it.

Glad you started this thread!! I start mine on Thursday & am really nervous

So hoping i'm not the only one who goes without a partner :(

Dont worry about going on your own. i'm sure there'll be others on their own too - for all sorts of reasons. If my OH wasn't off work atm I would be going on my own. you'll be fine and going on your own ppl will be more willing to talk to you ... you might make lots of lovely pregnant friends!! :happydance:
:hug:
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"