Antenatal screening.. my results

Brightxeyes

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I had my antenatal screening done and I’m confused!

Results for Down’s syndrome is <1 in 10,000
My results for Edward’s and Patau’s syndrome is 1 in 762

I looked on the NHS website that the Edward’s and Patau’s is an average of 1 in 1500 births...

The letter says I’m not an increased risk. But I just thought that last number seemed less reassuring?

I’ve never had the screening before, just wondered what other people were getting on their screening too?

Sorry I cant be of much use, this is my first time having the screening and I won't get my results until I go to my appointment next week. However, if it states that your figure is still low risk then I can only say to try and trust it? 1 in 756 seems like such a low risk but I can understand why you would query it next to a 1 in 1500 chance

At our hospital they consider anything 1:150 or below high risk. 762 is a good number. But I understand how you feel versus the other result.

1:100 is a 1% risk so 1:762 is what something like 0.07% risk

Try not to worry about it. Xx

I knew the Down&#8217;s syndrome result is very positive, and very low risk!
I just had no idea if that kind of number for the Edwards and patau&#8217;s seemed.. well less positive. I opted for testing this time because I am older now (28), but yeah just had no idea if it seemed like anything to worry about.

I had no idea what would number would be deemed high risk, so thank you for clarifying for me xxx

I belive age is one of the factors they use to calculate your risk.

They don’t even send the actual figures out anymore here because people panic. If the doctors aren’t worried then you shouldn’t be either :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->