Anterior placenta and lopsided belly

RebeccaR19

Reaction score
So, I was wondering if anyone else with an anterior placenta is having a belly that goes extremely lopsided from one side to the other very quickly.

I have been getting extremely lopsided on either side of my belly button. At first, I thought it was baby moving back and forth. Now, I am thinking it can't possibly be because my belly literally went from being completely pushed out on the right side of my belly button to flatter on the right side and completely pushed out on the left side in about 2 seconds. I am now wondering if the baby is pushing the placenta around and that's what is causing me to be so lopsided.

I don't know about the baby pushing the placenta around, but I have an anterior placenta and my tummy has always been a bit lopsided the whole pregnancy. I have more of a raised bump/hump to the left of my tummy button. In fact, it's actually moved my tummy button slightly off centre and more to the right. A bit freaky!

When baby moves, I can see my tummy moving normally just like i did with my first two children (both posterior placentas) but my tummy always goes back to that lopsided look.

I don't know if it's true, but I always imagine my placenta is to the left and that that's what's causing the uneven tummy.

That's not exactly what you're describing, but in your case maybe the baby can push out more against one side? Or maybe the placenta bulges out slightly when baby pushes it and then when baby moves away it looks like a sudden 'drop' or change to your tummy?

Edited to add : I hope that makes sense! Tiredness and pregnancy brain has made me struggle for words tonight : D

That does make sense!

And actually up until this week, I seemed to be pretty much lopsided on the left side. Now it's just A LOT more pronounced and quickly going from one side to the other. I think the baby could be just pushing against the placenta. And since it's in front, that's what's causing the lopsided belly.

I have an anterior placenta and my belly is a little lopsided. It pokes out a little more on the left. That is where her feet always are resting and rubbing too.

I also have an anterior placenta and my belly is lopsided too, but the right side is higher. It becomes very pronounced when I experience Braxton Hicks, but never switches sides like you mentioned.

Yep... My placenta is anterior but mostly covers the right side of my belly... So It's a little lopsided. It gets really lopsided when the baby moves over to that side (which usually doesn't last long, she prefers the left side and is usually over there)

I really think something about the placenta being in front has to do with how lopsided things are. To me, it is really starting to feel like she is pushing it around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->