Anterior placenta and movement

jade1991

Millies mummy :)
Reaction score
So my placenta was anterior with my daughter too, but this time as it's my second everyone keeps telling me I should feel it by now. I'm not really feeling movement. Bubbles and the occasional like bump but nothing every day. I had my scan yesterday and I've got a low anterior placenta, just like last time!

I think I felt Millie about 21 weeks ish, will this one be the same? The midwife at the scan said not to worry as baby looks perfect but, telling a pregnant woman not to worry 😂😂😂

I felt baby move around about the same time as my first, possibly slightly later. I had an anterior placenta at ~17 weeks that has now moved out of the way and I can feel movements lots more now. No anterior placenta with my first. Movement started this time as the occasional bump later than I expected so I wouldn't worry (easier said than done, I know!)

I had an anterior placenta with my last pregnancy and didn't feel baby move until I think around 20 weeks so it should be soon for you :)

On a side note, it wasn't until 18 weeks that I started feeling this baby move and I have a posterior placenta with him, so it wasn't too much sooner. He is measuring in the 80th percentile too so you'd think I would have felt him sooner since he is on the bigger side but I guess it varies by woman.

I had an anterior placenta with my first and felt slight movement around 17 weeks. However I was extremely thin!
This baby my placenta is posterior and I've felt movement from 15 weeks.

I have an anterior placenta with this pregnancy. I actually felt the first 'bumps' at 14 weeks. I started suspecting an anterior placenta closer to 18-19 weeks when I still was feeling only an occasional bump. It hasn't been until the last 2-3 weeks that I could feel definite movement. It wasn't until the last 2 weeks that DH could feel movement and I could SEE movement. It wasn't until this last weeks that I started noticing the movement even when I'm moving around and busy.

I am STILL worried. Because am I supposed to do kicks counts? At what point am I supposed to be concerned that something is not 'right' if I don't feel all movement, ya know?

So I get it. I understand your concerns and worries. You'll feel more reassured once you start feeling your LO.

I was definitely over 20 weeks when I felt definitive movement. Even by 27 weeks I was laughing at my gyn trying to get me to do a kick count. But by 27w3d I could start really feeling him unmistakably and at regular times. I think shortly after I started seeing it. I had felt flutters but nothing under 20w that I would really consider true movement versus possibly just gas or mind tricks

3rd baby here. 1st had anterior placenta and never had an issue with feeling movements... this time another anterior placenta and I didn't feel much if anything until around the 20 week mark and even then it was very questionable... now I'm starting to feel more as time goes on but it's still frustrating and unnerving when I don't feel baby all day.. it's my favorite part of pregnancy and I don't want to miss it on my last time ever doing this!!

Ive got anterior high this time it says. Ive been feeling movement from 16 weeks the earliest yet (not sure what my boys were but going to find out as they didnt move until over 20 weeks)

I've got a low anterior placenta this go but didn't have one with my previous pregnancy. I didn't feel the boys much until 20 weeks and not regular until after 24 weeks. This one I felt a lot for 2 days around 14weeks then nothing. She was fine at 16 week scan, but still haven't felt a thing. My OB said I may not feel her until well after 20 weeks and not regularly for a bit after that and not to worry.

It's so hard though!!

I heard a lot of the movement is down to personality too..
eeek to me!

Thanks for all the replies! Still not really feeling anything but not overly worrying I know everything was fine at the scan, it's just when people are like oh you should be by now it makes you worry doesn't it! I'm glad others have been the same :)

I have an anterior placenta and, yet somehow, I felt the first flutterings at 12w6d. After that, it was extremely sporadic; I would go several days (sometimes a few weeks) before I'd feel anything. At my 20 week scan, the placenta was showing as still being anterior, and I still felt very little movement. For the past two weeks, however, the bumps and kicks have gotten much stronger and I can now see them shake my belly. Either the placenta has changed position, or the little one's kicks are too strong to be sufficiently cushioned.

It's so variable. And depends a lot not just on whether your placenta is anterior or posterior but also where it is in the uterus. With my first, my placenta was anterior but low lying around the cervix and I very easily felt movement from 14 weeks and proper kicking by about 18 weeks. But friends who had posterior ones still didn't even feel any movement at all til closer to 18-19 weeks. So everyone and every pregnant is so different.

I have an anterior placenta, started feeling movement at 16 weeks but it wasn't until 20 weeks it became powerful and strong, my DH could feel it at 23 weeks (more because he works a lot I could feel them on the outside after 20 weeks) and then after 24 weeks they have become very powerful to the point where you can see them from the outside and they are regular. My midwife says not to worry until after 28 weeks and that it depends a lot on the babies favourite position and how active they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->