Anterior Placenta Kick Counts

SweetV

mom & parl
Reaction score
Popping over a bit early to ask a question of my fellow anterior placenta moms...

Although I have been able to feel lo move for a few months now due to a frontal anterior placenta I don't feel much. For ladies that have them are you still able to feel regular movement enough to know if movement is reduced? I get one to two episodes a day (sometimes 10 min mid morning and usually 10 min late evening) and when I discussed it with the mfm yesterday he suggested that I may want weekly monitoring for peace of mind throughout the third tri. I'm really hopeful that kicks will get stronger and more regular movement will be felt. Did those of you with anterior placentas find that you were able to feel more or stronger movements in the third tri? Is anyone else having weekly scans? I'm 26 weeks now and considered high risk after having a second tri stillbirth so I'm suppose to start monitoring movement between now and 28 weeks and I'm slightly frustrated.

Thanks!

yep movements got really strong for me in third tri- I also had an anterior placenta with DS1 and it was the same. I can feel definate patterns in his movement and am now getting the painful "running out of room" movements.

I'm on my 3rd anterior placenta. With my last 2 I didn't feel kicks until 20/21 weeks but by 3rd tri (can't remember when exactly) I was able to do kick counts no problem (well except my DD was a very lazy baby and didn't kick very often).

Mine started later and for a while I could only feel them when I lay in bed, now baby is having a party in there and I can feel very strong kicks and my whole tummy bounces about.

With my first I had an anterior placenta. I didn't feel movements til quite late but, yes, they did get stronger in the 3rd trimester and you could easily see and feel them from the outside too.

With my first I had an anterior placenta. I didn't feel movements til quite late but, yes, they did get stronger in the 3rd trimester and you could easily see and feel them from the outside too.

Exactly this^^^^ I do however feel quite a lot of stronger movements across the top of my Bump and down the sides and more squirmy movements in the centre, but my Bump looks like it has a wave machine going on inside as it bounces all over the place even though I don't feel some of those movements I can see them!

Can you see babys movements?? Sometimes I cant feel baby but if I sit and watch I can see baby wriggling about and I include it as part of babys routine. This is my second anterior placenta but if im worried (I havnt been yet) I will ring midwives x

I started feeling movements at week 19 on the dot. They have gotten stronger each month and I can see them from the outside. I don't feel that many kicks any more but I feel a lot of movement and sometimes lo tries to pop its head or feet through my belly.

That makes me feel so much better! I am the same in that I can only feel him if I am laying in bed or very, very still. I can see a kick once in a while but DH has yet to feel them from the outside as I get so little. I was so hoping that by this point I would be able to be reassured by movement but don't mind holding on a while longer. I will watch more frequently to include movement that I can see.
Dr. told me to head into l&d anytime I needed reassurance but would like to not make the hour long trek if it's not an emergency.

I have an anterior and didn't begin feeling kicks til 26 weeks. I'm now 39 weeks and have felt kicks pretty regularly from 26 weeks on. Some days less then others but usually have lots of movement after I eat or drink meals. Doctor warned me there would be active days and some less active days but I've always gotten my 10 kick count within 5-10 minutes most days.

Did want to mention that a week or 2 ago I was watching and feeling my belly for kicks. Didn't feel anything but saw my stomach being kicked. So that made me definitely realize with an anterior you really don't always feel them all.

I have anterior for the 2nd time and although kicks aren't strong I do feel her more like rolling around in there and I feel alot of movement in my back... such a strange feeling but shes facing my back and breech. I'm scanned every 2 weeks and that is enough piece of mind for me - If anything changed at all with the movements that I do feel, then i'd be straight in for a scan. My consultant is very good like that x

I have an anterior and this is my first pregnancy. Baby's movement doesn't feel like kicks but more like shifting or rolling. In the last week movement seems less significant or less frequent. Doctor told me to drink a sugary drink like fanta or sunkist and count kicks for next hour. Anything 3-4 or above for the hour and I was considered good.

I have an anterior and this is my first pregnancy. Baby's movement doesn't feel like kicks but more like shifting or rolling. In the last week movement seems less significant or less frequent. Doctor told me to drink a sugary drink like fanta or sunkist and count kicks for next hour. Anything 3-4 or above for the hour and I was considered good.

Its scary how different the advice is between the UK and US. You all seem to pay a ton and get shocking advice :/

Here ANY reduced movements get checked out and we monitor babies routine all day not just for an hour twice a day, counting kicks.

I know there was mention of DH feeling kicks. I am almost 36 weeks and DH has only been able to feel the baby 3-4 times. Unfortunately I guess this is another anterior placenta issue. It really upsets me, I would love for DH to share the moment more often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubysan
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->