anterior placenta?

soup

Reaction score
hi we had 20 week scan on friday and all went great, baby seems to be doing really well so thats good. i asked the sonographer where my placenta was as when we had a private scan at 14 weeks they said it was quite low but had lots of time to move and she said it was at the front. im not worried about it cos i know its fine, but i just wondered if this meant that i am going to feel less movement form baby? i can feel kicks and stuff now, but does it decrease the amount of movement you feel?

also has anyone with an anterior placenta had a 4d scan and did it effect the images, the website for the place where we are going to get ours done says with this its best to have it between 24 and 28 weeks, and was planning to leave it as late as poss. any advice?

thanks

I have an anterior placenta and yes apparently it is supposed to stop you feeling baby's movements as much but I haven't found this to be the case at all. I didn't have a 4d scan so I can't answer your second question hun.x

I have an anterior placenta and haven't really felt many kicks yet (I'm 20 + 3 weeks). This is my first pregnancy however so not really sure what I should be feeling right now, I feel lots of sorta flopping feeling sinside that I don't believe is just tummy gurrgles, but again, as far as kicks go, I have only felt two or three that I would definately say were kicks and I believe I should be feeling more by now so I am thinking it has to do with the placment of the placenta.

i have an anterior placenta and i believe it has reduced me feeling movements, i had to go to hospital the other night as not felt anything for a day and whilst i was there lo was wriggling about as i could hear it on the monitor but i couldnt feel anything, midwife says it is ok as baby is healthy and has a healthy heartbeat. I just have to be more vigilent, i suppose it is where baby is lying etc.

i am having a 4d scan weds morning, il hopefully be putting my pics on here sometime afterwards x

I have it down as having an Anterior Placenta. Im 33 weeks and have felt lots of kicks and general sqirming. The midwife said all was fine and well and 'normal' and so not to worry it means its at the front. She said they write down where it is in case of a C-Section.

:hugs:

Mine is anterior and I found that although I felt movement at about 18 weeks, it didn't get any stronger for a good few weeks, just more frequent. Definitely feeling lots of movement now though! :dance:

I didn't have a 4d scan.

Had anterior placenta with son and felt minimal movement throughout pregnancy, I'm talking possible one or two movements in a day. HOwever I also have an anterior placenta with this one. Yet movement is abs manic! Whether it's because ds was a lazy banana, or whether it's because this ones a girl (hmmm me thinks maybe?) I'm not sure?

However I have found that both my son was back to back and I think this one will be too as at the 23 week scan baby was snuggled facing into the placenta (back to back) I don't know if this is a me thing cos of the shape of my womb, or there is any pattern in anterior placanta's being back to back babies ? Be interesting to see what people on here say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->