anti-histamine pills - safe whilst TTC?

ZoMo

Reaction score
Perhaps you can help me. I have been bitten by some horrid insect on the inside of my ankle, I dont know what insect was. It was 2 nights ago. Yesterday it got itchy, today my inside ankle has swollen so much that you cannot see my bone anymore. It is red and itchy and painful.

I would normally take Piriton anti-histamine pills to try and calm it down. I have jusy bought some but they say do not take if pregnant or breast feeding. As of yet, I am neither but we are TTC and I am now on the TWW.

I cant get to the doctor or get anything else to take until at least tuesday due to the bank holidays and by then my ankle could have swelled up more.

Your advice?

You can get topical anti-itch cream that should help where you can apply it to the site of where you were bitten. I did read recently that you should try and avoid anti-histamines as it dries up your cm and makes it harder to conceive- but I think you'd totally be ok applying something to the site itself. Hope you feel better!

Yeah am in the UK, I couldnt find any cream in the local shops - just the pills. I will try and find a pharmacy open tomorrow instead and hobble over to ask for cream instead!!

u could call nhs direct and ask whats best to take

Ooh good idea mamadonna, thank you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"