Antibiotics and pregnancy!!!

Rican47

Reaction score
Hoping I can find any ladies with previous births who needed to take antibiotics. I'm considered 4 weeks today however I feel I could have strep throat. I don't have all the symptoms but I do have the soreness and the white patchy spots back of throat and tonsils. My question is , has any woman had to take antibiotics early in pregnancy like amoxicillin or penicillin and baby was okay? I'm not quite sure what is the protocol in terms of pregnancy and antibiotics if anyone has any info.

Many antibiotics are just fine - I had a course of antibiotics (amoxycillin) at 4 weeks for a chest infection, I told my GP I suspected I was pregnant and he said it was fine to take if I turned out I was xx

Oh, thank you for replying so quickly! I was thinking I would have to just endure this without any treatment. :nope:

Yes perfectly fine i had flu and upper/lower chest infection 2 courses of antibiotics was ill for total of 6weeks.

Took antibiotics for uti.

Your much better taking the course than not. Feel better soon.

I had strep throat when pregnant with my son, I was about 6 or 7 months in, they gave me amoxicillin. Said it was fine :). I was miserable with it but it's safe :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->