Antibiotics when TTC.. Eek! big No No!!

claireybell

Reaction score
So im taking Anti Biotics for a Sinus infection, have been for 3 dsys now.. Anyway, saw my Dr this afternoon & she wasnt aware i was TTC, completely told me to skip this cycle of ttc (im cd4) it appears that 'Doxycycline' which im taking causes fetal defects, abnormalities & permanent brown teeth in Babies OMFG! Im so glad i told her i was TTC! Just thought id give you ladies a heads up if tsking anything like it to check it out! X

So im taking Anti Biotics for a Sinus infection, have been for 3 dsys now.. Anyway, saw my Dr this afternoon & she wasnt aware i was TTC, completely told me to skip this cycle of ttc (im cd4) it appears that 'Doxycycline' which im taking causes fetal defects, abnormalities & permanent brown teeth in Babies OMFG! Im so glad i told her i was TTC! Just thought id give you ladies a heads up if tsking anything like it to check it out! X

Actually you can tell the doc you are ttc and they will prescribe an antibiotic that's safe during pregnancy. But better skip this cycle since the doctor's given that warning! There are antibiotics that's safe to take.

It's marked under category D unsafe while pregnant or if you become preganant while still taking it.
If you are done with the dose by O you should be fine.
It has effects on fetal development/growth.
The half life is 18-22 hrs so you should be fine if you are done with it before O, as it will be out of your blood, and the fetal maternal blood aren't linked up till implant.
Your call of course :hugs:

It's marked under category D unsafe while pregnant or if you become preganant while still taking it.
If you are done with the dose by O you should be fine.
It has effects on fetal development/growth.
The half life is 18-22 hrs so you should be fine if you are done with it before O, as it will be out of your blood, and the fetal maternal blood aren't linked up till implant.
Your call of course :hugs:

Well i have 3 capsules left to take & which will take me to cd6.. I wont ovulate until cd15/16ish.. Told Dr this & she said skip this month to be on safe side, the AntiB's were given to me on bank hols Monday this week by an out of hours Dr at a Walk in Centre, she never asked me anything about me like pg, contraception or alcohol intake even.. Which after reading the leaflet i saw details.. :-/ When i saw my Dr yesterdsy for a check up for something else i mentioned it & she told me that.. Good job she did really. Im just pissed at this other Dr that never even asked anything, never even occurred to me that antiB's could do this, ohhhhhh another month waiting i guess Lol X

I had strep last cycle and told the Dr. I was TTC, he put me on a "safe" antibiotic. Good luck!

The out of hrs Dr never asked me anything.. I wish she did, im out before this cycles begun lol

If it's out of your system before you ovulate you shouldn't have any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->