Antibiotics.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Christine1993, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Christine1993

Christine1993 Full-time mummy to Aidan

I'm having to take antibiotics for a bacterial infection, i dont know what there called but there long and blue kinda smell & taste like petrol :S I started taking them yesterday and ive all of a sudden started getting major heartburn, feeling really tired and sore in my stomach. It also feels like its stuck behind my spine and its really sore. Im 5 months pregnant but the doc said theyre safe in pregnancy but i dont feel safe? Think i should continue taking them up until monday when the doctors is open or not take them then phone doc on monday and ask ? x

2. Cattia

Cattia Well-Known Member

I would call NHS Direct and ask their advice tonight just to be on the safe side. Or if you don't have to take any until tomorrow, maybe you could do to a walk in centre or out of hours unit tomorrow? They will be able to tell you whether you are having some sort of reaction to them,and whether it would be better to carry on taking them or not.