antidepressants but want to try

HopefulInPa

Reaction score
My husband and I are in the NTNP mode right now; I would love to be more actively trying but am terrified because I'm taking antidepressants and don't think I can stop taking them for the pregnancy. I have anxiety in general so thinking that my anxiety/depression meds may cause problems with my baby is making me feel a lot more anxious. I'm trying to get more dr.'s opinions, but I don't know what to do! I'm scared to stop taking them and scared to try to get pregnant and continue taking them!

Any advice from what others have heard or what doctor's may have told you?

im also on antidepressants (citilopram) doc says there is no problem with ttcing while taking them, however if i do findout im pregnant i have to go back nd see him (reckon he'd take me off them or put me on a lower dose) xx

They say welbutrin is safe during pregnancy. I think it might be more for depression though and not anxiety. I have awful anxiety and am currently trying to get off of celexa. I was taking 40mg a day and I am now down to 20 mg. I'm trying to get down to 10mg a day,but I keep having horrible withdrawal symptoms. With celexa I keep seeing a lot of warnings about birth defects with it. The risk is very low, but I'm too scared to chance it. I hope this helps. Maybe you can try yoga and breathing techniques. I dunno. I know what it's like to be horribly anxious and it's not a good place to be.

rdy

You definitely should talk to your doctor. It all depends on what medication you are taking and what exactly it is treating. Some doctors will suggest if you have bad anxiety that it's better if you take the medication because the anxiety can actually be more harmful. Severe anxiety can cause high blood pressure, stress, irregular heartbeat, lack of oxygen, and other health problems that can be very detrimental to the baby.
Good luck and hang in there.:hugs:

I'm bipolar, my docs are keeping me on my Wellbutrin even once I do get pg. I am also on Seroquel (anti psychotic) but once I get a positive test I am supposed to tell my OB and she is going to decrease the dose a lot. Hope that helps!

I'm in the same boat. I'm on several drugs for issues but my doctor said that he would just change them if I got pregnant so....

zoloft and trazodone here. High dose of trazodone! I had a healthy baby on these meds and pregnant again now. everything good so far

I was on three anti-depressant/anxiety meds in January and got off of all of them when I told my doctor I wanted to TTC.

Since it is taking longer than I hoped, my anxiety has grown (esp considering not having a baby is the major cause of my anxiety and depression ever since my MC).

SO I talked to a different doctor, who put me on Vistaril for anxiety. It's a category B! So it is safe to take, and doesn't need to be stepped down if I need to go off of it. It has helped me a LOT.

I hope you find something that will work for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->