Antidepressants while TTC

xnmd1

mommmy of 1
Reaction score
Anyone know any antidepressants safe to use while ttc and during pregnancy. I dont have severe depression but im extremely emotional and cry super easily and in General just cant control my emotions. This began about six months ago and my OH has been urging me to go to the doctor but I have been avoiding it because I dont want it to affect my fertility or any pregnancy if I ever get pregnant. My OH already has a low sperm count from his meds and has loweres his dose significantly ti try to help so I dont want to screw things up on my end

If you haven't started antidepressants yet, try 5HTP. It's a natural supplement that you can buy just about anywhere you get vitamins.

One of the most common types of antidepressants is the SSRI group. SSRI = Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor. Serotonin is one of the brain chemicals (neural transmitters) that is passed between neurons to send signals. One neuron releases it, the other takes it in, and after enough time has passed, the sending neuron starts to take back the excess (reuptake). SSRI stops the reuptake so that the receiving neurons have more time to take in more of the chemical.

5HTP is the natural precursor to Serotonin (5HT). By building this up in your system, you create more Serotonin. More Serotonin = longer time required to reuptake = longer time allowed for receiving it. The effect is the same as the SSRI without the side effects and possible pregnancy/breast feeding issues.

This is, of course, assuming you're likely to respond to SSRIs.

Im taking 5HTP now. I was using St Johns Wort which was fairly helpful during the first half of my cycle but not the second half. I think I mean PMSD. The store stopped selling. The st johns wort so I bought 5 htp and havent found it had an affect on me and its actually still reccomended you stop during pregnancy. I can't evem describe the ten days before my period.. I become a totally dofferent person I hate it. And last month I was pregnant but I mc'd and I was still just as bad. My periods due in 5 days and I was crying this morning because my OH told me I was in the wrong lane when I was driving to work today :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->