Anxiety and depression symptoms?

rocksbabe1

Reaction score
I have question and I hope I able to have answer from you guys......

1 - What is anxiety's symptoms?
2. What is depression's symptoms?

As I suspect I might have depression and anxiety too and I was told by few of my friends that I might have those as well.

I have got appointment to see GP, it will be on 15th January 2013, in meanwhile I hope you all able to help.

Thank you xx

:wave:
I have question and I hope I able to have answer from you guys......

1 - What is anxiety's symptoms?
2. What is depression's symptoms?

As I suspect I might have depression and anxiety too and I was told by few of my friends that I might have those as well.

I have got appointment to see GP, it will be on 15th January 2013, in meanwhile I hope you all able to help.

Thank you xx

Hi! :wave:

I have both :dohh:

Anxiety: It's different in almost everyone. I know personally, I hate crowds & confined spaces. My heart will race, my palms will get sweaty and I feel like I can't breath. Anxiety can occur at anytime for no reason. Sometimes, I will just be sitting on the couch and start crying.. That's why anxiety goes hand and hand most of the time with...

Depression: Feeling as if your life will somehow not be fufilled or cut short. Feeling helpless or worthless. Crying for no reason, feeling down for extended periods of time. Feeling as though the things that you once loved are not interesting anymore.

It's not just being blue for a couple days over a breakup. It's months and months of not feeling normal. I was diagnoised with an anxiety disorder with depression three years ago, but after recently diagnoised with Celiac disease, both of my mental issues have seem to have faded.

Good luck, it's not something I would wish on anyone :nope:

My depression symptoms are (from early on until last)
Irritability
Tiredness
Not enjoying anything
Finding everything difficult even simple tasks
No motivation to do anything except sleep
Wanting to self harm
Suicidal thoughts, thinking everyone would be better off without me
Psychosis (have been in hospital for this)

:wave:

Thank you to you both for your reply. I appreciate it.

On some day I have bad day, and some day I have a good day.....

On bad day, I would thinks god I am so depressed, and feeling so blah and wouldn't talk anyone and would choice to ignore people who trying get in touch with me via text message (I am profoundly deaf so I use texts more) and would wants to be disappear for a while (I am NOT considering to harm myself at all just feeling so low). I would not let anyone to visit me at all for a while.

On good day, I would think I am feeling silly for think I am depressed because I am feeling fine and normal as well and thinks nah I not have depression.

To be honest with you, I thinks I might have depression for a long time, probably about 15 years. As I can't remember when last time I was so happy and chilling out. It been gone really so long and I have been fighting from accept that I am depression, and I have always been pretend that I am fine in front of people. If that's make any sense? Oh and my sex life is low as I don't interest in sex.

As for anxiety, I thinks I have it as well because I have lightheaded and heartbeat so racing and feeling bit sick and panic too. But as soon as I control it, it seems start to calm down... And on bad day, I wouldn't let anyone to visit me at my own home at all, and I was told that they think its might because I am in comfort zone at my own home and don't want anyone to take it away, that's which I thinks they are so right about it. Anxiety just come on for no reason sometimes, and sometimes stress can make it come on as well (I often get stress and worry and I can't just chilling out at all)

Some night it would take me forever to fast sleep because I couldn't relax and keep trying block the past while I am trying to fall sleep....... and on some night I just fast sleep without thinking but in about 10 to 30 minutes later then I would wake up suddenly and in panic and couldn't breath for a sec because I really thought I would never wake up again once I fast sleep, if that any make sense?

My friend was also knew that I might be depression and anxiety for about 18 months but she wouldn't tell me till recently after I admit to her that I think I might have depression and anxiety as I couldn't keep fight from depression anymore because anxiety started to come on now and it wasn't nice to have anxiety more than depression because heartbeat fast and lightheaded and etc.

And she told me that she knew that I might have it and she said she couldn't tell me because she didn't want me to get angry or defensive or argument because I wasn't ready to accept. That which she knew I might be fight from depression and keep pretend.

I am glad that she knew it because it is really hard work to keep pretend that I am fine and they always thinks I am strong but its different story in myself.

does it means I have depression and anxiety now ? Cos I thinks I do have those, just wanted to see what you think ?

xxxxxxxxx

From your description I would say yes. But you should see a doctor because they can diagnose you properly.

From your description I would say yes. But you should see a doctor because they can diagnose you properly.

Mmm thank you so much for think the same, so I know that I think might be right about it.... Of course I have got appointment to see GP it'll be on 15th January at 9am.. just want to see what you all think of it while I am waiting for the appointment has arrive.

Thank you so much

:) xxxx

Hi girls.

How are you all ? I am ok, just so cold here and have heat on today as very frozen outside and will probably have snows on this weekend (I hope NOT lol).

Anyway I have been to doctor on last Tuesday with an interpreter and I have been feeling so crap on that day, as I was so scared of admitting about my depression/anxiety. Turned out that my GP knew it and he said he have been trying discuss with me few time about it but I didn't want to listen and he left me alone as he didn't want to force me as it was my decision, bless him.

It confirmed that I have got depression and anxiety and he wanted to put me on anti-depression treatment, just to help with anxiety and depression, he reassured me that my depression NOT that bad, just needs to support to improve it and would easy to get pregnant if I accept. He was also reassure me that they wouldn't stop me from get pregnant.

He told me PCT have accepted that GP refers me to counselling that's which about 45-50 miles away as I am profoundly deaf and they are deaf aware and would be better benefit for me as I have been to counselling in my area, and it didn't work out, and one of my interpreter told me about it and recommend me.. so wait and see if its working or not

Anyway doctor have posted the refer to counselling and now wait to receive the letter.

However my doctor feels I should be on anti-depression and counselling too. He put me on low dose to see how it goes, and go back to there in 3 weeks time for review and maybe needs top up.

Since I got home, I haven't even start take anti depression tablets yet I guess that's because I am scared of taking it.

The anti depression tablets I have called 'CITALOPRAM' 10mg - once per day, is it safety to take while TTC? and will it make me addict? As I don't want to end up addict it or harm unborn if I happens to be pregnant ? I didn't have a chance to ask doctor about it as didn't have enough time to talk more about it as he had other patient to see him after me.

I did tell gp about us being TTC at the moment, and he said its ok, and gave me those tablets anyway, and something about 12 weeks, I can't remember what is it about. I will text one of my interpreter in a mins as she was there with me on last Tuesday.

xx

My depression symptoms are (from early on until last)
Irritability
Tiredness
Not enjoying anything
Finding everything difficult even simple tasks
No motivation to do anything except sleep
Wanting to self harm
Suicidal thoughts, thinking everyone would be better off without me
Psychosis (have been in hospital for this)

hellohefalump...I am 21 weeks pregnant and have been some anxiety right now...I was on meds for anxiety prior to getting prego and then I got off...now symptoms are back and I am trying to decide how to cope and what is best treatment for me...were you on any meds while prgo...or were you cooping some other way...I am just so stressed that trying to make decision about treatment is making me anxious...

It's best to ask your doctor, but I was on fluoxetine and olanzapine while I was pregnant

It's best to ask your doctor, but I was on fluoxetine and olanzapine while I was pregnant

Thanks...OBGYN has prescribed zoloft and I was just going back and forth if I should take it…my sil was on it while prego with my nephew and he is healthy, most adorable 7 year old…I just worry about the commercials that I have seen about medication…I just wanted to find out from others that have been on it and already had a child…thanks for your response..

My son had to stay an extra night in the hospital when he was born, to monitor his blood sugar because of the meds I was on, he was discharged after two days though and I got to stay with him. There was nothing wrong with him relating to my meds

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->