anxiety and intrusive thoughts??

lauralora

Reaction score
is there anyone out there who has experience with intrusive thoughts ? please pm me if so im very anxious about it and there really upsetting me.

ive been an anxiety sufferer for 13 years but intrusive thoughts are new to me!

xx

me hun i suffer with it terrible pm me any time im just sorting lo out but will try pm you later x

i have all kinds of thoughs often very negative thoughts about really awful stuff...i am bipolar so i guess it comes with the territory....have pm'd you if you wanna talk x i'll try and help anyway i can...even if it is just listening x

Hi, what kinds of intrusive thoughts are you having? Like something bad is about to happen or like something or someone is being harmed?

You aren't alone. Its just women don't really talk about it because there is such a stigma. Have you had post partum depression? Or PND? If you are pregnant now you must be extra vigilant.

I have a good book called the Pregnancy and Post partum depression and anxiety workbook. Can't remember the author. It has helped some. I also have to take an antidepressant. That helps too.

Feel free to PM me my name is Kat

I sometimes have this, and have read that it is very normal when having anxiety. Try to see the thought with some distance, remember that it only a thought and product of your anxiety. It is nothing that you would act upon or have any real chances of happening. Imagine that you are the sky and that clouds are passing thoughts, they pass by and then disintegrate into nothing. It can be hard, upsetting, but even more so if you let it be so, just concentrate on it being what it is, observe it coolly and watch it go away.

Yes I have, and dont tend to share them with anyone. I guess its related to depression/PND, I have always suffered with depression but not to a clinical level, I suffer more in the winter months with seasonal affective disorder, I have never been diagnosed with bio polar but it runs in my family, and quite often it scares me as i have traits of the disorder...I have managed to avoid PND but am finding SAD is debilitating me at the mo
If you want to chat feel free to PM, hope you are ok ? :flower:

Yes I have, and dont tend to share them with anyone. I guess its related to depression/PND, I have always suffered with depression but not to a clinical level, I suffer more in the winter months with seasonal affective disorder, I have never been diagnosed with bio polar but it runs in my family, and quite often it scares me as i have traits of the disorder...I have managed to avoid PND but am finding SAD is debilitating me at the mo
If you want to chat feel free to PM, hope you are ok ? :flower:

i suffer with seasonal anxiety too, i have it all year round and have certain triggers but when it gets to mid september early october i become severly anxious, my ocd flares up and its a nightmare and i have to work my hardest to cure it as ive gone 13 years with no meds and no therapy and i wamt to keep it this way, however these intrusive thoughts and worries im having have been my first expereince of intrusive thoughts and its a horrible thing, i am now constanty anxious because of the thoughts ive had, now im convinced my days are numberd till i crack up! thankyou all for listening :)

Me! I get them bad in spells.. then they seem to go away! I suffer anxiety too.. It tends to get worse in winter also. If you need a chat feel free to pm me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->