Anxiety Disorder + TTC #1

Smurphy, may I ask if you were checked out for your thyroid before they made the bipolar diagnosis? I ask because thyroid problems can mimic bipolar extremely closely and hasn't been uncommon for misdiagnosis to be made before. Not saying they misdiagnosed you, but I am curious.
I was misdiagnosed with bipolar years ago but it was due to a rubbish psychiatrist who didn't listen or look at my history.

I didn't take any meds with my first child, with my second and third I took diazepam on and off, because of anxiety. They did offer me various other things but I refused because I was paranoid and didn't trust anyone, but to be honest I don't think I actually needed what they were offering me anyway. They were antipsychotics, and I didn't need them. Taking diazepam isn't ideal in pregnancy, especially during the third tri because of dependency and baby can obviously go through withdrawal, but my children thankfully didn't and I think this was due to me not taking them like clockwork - only on an as and when absolutely necessary basis
I was also mis-diagnosed with bipolar. What a frustrating process!

Also, hi! :wave:

I'm currently 10dpo with my fingers and toes crossed for my first baby! I have severe ADHD, as well as MDD and GAD. I was told to stay on my Cymbalta throughout pregnancy, but the adderall had to go from O to AF EVERY CYCLE until that BFP! :cry:

Anyone else worried their job might suffer while they're TTC? I've been wholly unproductive for the last 8 days and my house is a disaster! As if mental health issues weren't enough!

Hugs to you all - hoping for lots of healthy/happy babies!

I have ADD and health anxiety!! This has been the first month we have tried ( started end of June on our wedding night!!) I am 9 days Post O right now and trying not to go nuts. My anxiety doesn't help. Just trying to remain positive and know it doesn't always happen on the first try. :) I always go to the worst case scenario! I am testing on Sunday. We are going on our honey moon next week and we will get to maybe try a couple days there and after as O falls as we are coming home. Fingers crossed :):kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->