Anxiety, panic attacks and depression

Lozziepop

Mummy to my chunky monkey
Reaction score
I just wanted to post this and see if anyone else is having the same kind of problem as me.

I have had anxiety and panic attacks for a number of years now. When I was pregnant I found my anxiety more manageable and actually felt more calm and relaxed on a day to day basis :thumbup:
Then after having Joshua I found my anxiety has got worse and I have been feeling depressed with it too.
I had a very unpleasant experience during the birth. I won't go into detail as I find it hard to talk about but at one stage during the labour I really thought I was going to die :cry:
Now this has stuck with me and haunted me since I gave birth in October last year.

I felt completely numb after the birth. It is hard to explain but I felt numb towards my partner, no emotion towards him at all. I know there is nothing wrong with me emotionally because I feel so much love for Joshua.
I have nightmares every night, which wake me up and then I end up getting even LESS sleep. I feel anxious every day now and I am finding it extremely hard to cope.
I have trouble going out places, even just the normal day to day things like nipping to the shops sends me into a panic:cry:

I have spoken to my doctor and he has put me on Citalopram on a low dose to start with and then will up it in a weeks time. I'm not keen to start taking the Citalopram, I want to because I really feel like I can't cope now and I need something to help take the edge off and help me feel a bit more human again but I am worried about side effects :wacko:

Has anyone else taken this medication? or even suffered with anxiety/depression?

I feel completely alone (even though I know I'm not the only new mummy who is finding things abit difficult)
I just feel that I am a useless mother because I can't even go out and do normal day to day things like everyone else :cry:
Joshua deserves a much better mummy than me:cry::cry:

I have anxiety aswell as other mental health illnesses.I'm always around if you ever need a chat.Don't feel alone xxx

Thank you for your reply hun, I was starting to think I'm the only new mummy on here going through this :cry:

I'm not a new Mummy but i've been ill with anxiety/panic attacks/depression and PTSD for almost 9 years.
It helps to talk about it and sometimes counselling or therapy can really help. xxx

theres lots of girls on here with this me being one i have chronic panic disorder! if you put in the search bar at the top it will come up with topics made by others! theres always topics in gs as well to i just think not alot of people view this area! feel free to pm me! x

Hey, I could have written your post myself! When I was pregnant the anxiety almost dissapeared completely but sice I had Aiden in October it's gotten worse and worse. Here if you need a chat xx

hi im 31 weeks pregnant and started having panic attacks a few weeks ago. these only happen when i get really stressed i.e. arguing with partner. but tonight i had one and threw up 3 times which has never happened before. is it normal to vomit with panic attacks or should i be worried? x thanks x

it can be nomal to vomit with them i always feel very very very sick dont be sick! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->