Anxious about birth after previous miscarriage.

Alidh

Reaction score
I'm currently 20 weeks pregnant and this is the first time I've been pregnant since I had a miscarriage back in 2011.

Before having my miscarriage, I had been experiencing a lot of bad abdominal pains for months and was back and forth at the doctors for various tests. It had been discussed in appointments that endometriosis was a possibility and my doctor referred me for a laparoscopy to check for this, however, the referral was rejected by the hospital. The day I found out it was rejected was also the day I found out I was pregnant! Whilst pregnant my abdominal pains cleared up completely.

A month or so later, at just over 9 weeks pregnant, I went to the hospital with severe stomach cramps and bleeding and found I was likely having a miscarriage. The days that followed this was the worst pain I've ever experienced. I literally couldn't walk for days because the pain in my lower abdomen was so severe. I had extremely heavy bleeding for about a week or so, to the point it would soak through pads/my pjs/towels/bed sheets and my mum had to change these things at least once, sometimes twice, a day. The severe pain lasted for about 5 days, but I was still in reasonable pain for another 1.5 weeks or so.

It was honestly the most pain I've ever experienced in my life, and it went on for so long after the the baby was lost. I'm just getting so worried if the experience was this bad at 9 weeks, what is it going to be like delivering a baby at 40 weeks? I'm worried that there's an underlying health condition that made the miscarriage worse. I've been back to the doctors again in the past year or so because I was still experiencing abdominal pain during/after sex, but I just went through the same set of tests that showed nothing. I'm really worried there's something wrong that they've not found that'll cause problems when I give birth.

Has anyone experienced a miscarriage as bad as this then went on to have another baby? And if so, how did it go?

Any sharing of similar experiences would be much appreciated. :)

Hey

Im on my 6th pregnancy, baby will be my third.

The last time i was pregnant it was a blighted ovum that passed around the 12 week mark measuring a 7 week sac and yes, the pain was unreal! When i went into the hospital after passing it and they asked me was it sore i said yes, on a scale of 1-10 i put it at labour pains, i had contractions and then i had to push to get the sac out. Truth is because i was stressed and i didnt want it to happen i fought against it and made the pain double, i was also at home with no medicines to get me through it, no gas and air to even take the edge off! plus i was expecting it to be easier and i paniced, alot!

When my DD as born the contractions at the end matched the pain of the miscarriage, which is hard to believe as she was 8lb and blighted ovum measured 7 weeks but it is what it is! but when i was having DD i was in hospital, i felt safer, i knew the outcome was going to be a baby so i went with the pain, i got meds and everything was alot easier!

The hospital staff and any midwifes are trained to deal with all kinds of random things that pop up, if they have not found anything wrong there is a good chance there is nothing wrong or if there is its something mild, but no matter what happens you will be safe! With my son i had a huge post partum hemmoragh from no where, literally i had him and asked someone to take the baby as "something was wrong" when his dad did i lost alot of blood and passed out, no one was expecting it, no one was prepared for it, it literally just happened from out of the blue and the midwives got on the ball and got the doctors and everything went nuts for a while ( or so i hear, i was out cold lol ) but they fixed me up good as new!

Labour is tough, its sore and it can be really scary but when you look at it in positives, every contraction is another one you dont have to live through, every pain is a pain closer to baby, or even just another step closer to labour being over lol it becomes a lot easier! you wont be alone and you will be getting baby at the end of it! you will have access to medical help and meds to help if it gets to much, its a lot easier than what you have been through before!

try to keep positive xx

I can't relate to your experience, and I'm so sorry for your loss. I just wanted to say I think every woman is afraid of labour. But it isn't always as painful as OBEM makes out :) I had my first baby at home in an unplanned home birth because I wasn't in pain until my waters broke, and then I hit transition and my lord the pain! But I was completely alone vomiting on my bathroom floor so it was the fear that made it painful. As soon as the paramedics and midwife arrived and said I could push (I was terrified I was only like 3cm and being a complete wimp lol) I relaxed and I don't remember delivery being painful at all.

What I will say is you do get after pains. No one tells you about them!! Basically you carry on contracting for days after baby is born, every time they cry/feed you contract. It's your uterus going back to size. It sucks. But you have a baby to hold which helps a lot :)

Not going to lie labor is extremely painful! One labor was back to back and I gave birth direct op worst position ever and literally was awful!

My last birth was pretty okay yes it was super painful but normal contractions etc and hurts pushing dye to everything stretching!

I would say labor hurts a lot more than miss carrying but afterwards you shouldn't bleed heavy and they won't let you so after 1 week of your loosing loads of blood they will check you over and can give tablets to stop bleeding don't worry try to embrace it all xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->