Anxious about tomorrow

MustBeMummy

Reaction score
We have the midwife and health visitor coming to our house tomorrow morning. I dont know why although the letter did say its a routine antenatal appt. Me n hubby are now getting tea on and trying to tidy up even tho its not really messy but it kinda feels like they r coming to check up on us or make out our home is crap to bring a baby into :( im sure it isnt but I guess im just anxious about it all. Anyone else had this home visit? In my notes it says the midwife comes out to your home but not til 38 weeks. Im 31.

Seriously, they do that in the UK? I wish they'd do that here!

My NHS trust schedules week 28 as a home visit, week 36 if you're planning baby at home, then week 38 as routine.

I also wondered why they do it because it seems like a check up because I doubt they are doing it out of kindness to not go in for an appointment. :shrug:

But I only had a visit by a midwife & not a health visitor. And when she was here it definitely just felt like a routine appointment, just in my home.

no mention of a home visit for me yet? Does everyone get one? :shrug:

In my area everyone who is pregnant is offered a home visit by the HV. It's to give you a chance to meet them as they will be coming to your house once LO is here and they take over from your midwife. It's a nice chance to ask them any questions you have such as when and where you get your baby weighed, get leaflets about groups/classes your Sure Start centre run and stuff. I was offered a visit quite a few weeks ago, I'd guess I was maybe 30 weeks.
It's no reflection on how they think you will be as parents and they aren't looking to catch you out or anything, just make sure you are a-OK :)

I have had loads of my midwife appointments at my home as my midwife very kindly scheduled appointments around my part time job and child care of my eldest. She has always come straight into my living room and carried on as a normal appointment. X

My hv comes to your home a few weeks before baby is due to give you the babies red book and so you are filmilar with each other!

My midwife will be coming to my house so we can talk about my birth plan in detail. Rather than fitting it in to a 10 min appointment at the clinic :flower: she came here for my booking appointment too, im comfortable with her coming i honestly dont think its to check up on us x

In my area everyone who is pregnant is offered a home visit by the HV. It's to give you a chance to meet them as they will be coming to your house once LO is here and they take over from your midwife. It's a nice chance to ask them any questions you have such as when and where you get your baby weighed, get leaflets about groups/classes your Sure Start centre run and stuff. I was offered a visit quite a few weeks ago, I'd guess I was maybe 30 weeks.
It's no reflection on how they think you will be as parents and they aren't looking to catch you out or anything, just make sure you are a-OK :)

I think you are right that its so they can meet u before baby is born.
Lamont I am consultant led could that be why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->