Any Advice?

kula

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience....any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.
I'm 36 yrs old, my husband is 34. We've been trying to conceive for several months. In the past i've had irregular periods but for the past year they have been fairly regular (29-33 days). For the past 3 cycles I've been using OPK's regularly but never seem to get a true positive (i almost always see a faint line). Last month my period came at CD24 (my dr thought it might have been bleeding associated with ovulation and that if it was I would get my period in a couple of weeks but did do blood work to make sure all more hormone levels were in normal ranges. The blood work came back fine-everything was normal). My period did not come in those two weeks, it actually has yet to arrive and I am on CD34. Here is where things get confusing. I've been doing OPK's every day of my cycle to determine when I am ovulating and I finally got a positive on CD31-33 the days my period was to be here. I had all the PMS symptoms (other than sore breasts, but they did feel heavy) for the week and a half leading up to my expected period but they all disappeared on CD29 Any ideas? I hope this sn't too much information...i did notice ewcf on the days my OPK tested +ve as well as quite a bit of white milky discharge one morning the week earlier (i only mention this because I've never noticed this tyoe/amount of discharge before)
Sorry for the lengthly post. Any information would be really appreciated. Thanks

Just curious but what time of day are you taking your OPKs? Are you testing with them once or twice a day? Have you taken an hpt?

I've been testing twice a day- late afternoon and in the evening. I did take a hpt the first day of the +ve opk but it was -ve. I don't think its worth testing again? I'm not feeling any symptoms whatsoever other than still dealing with the breakout i thought was the result of pms.
I did 2 OPK's today and the first was slightly lighter than yesterday, so no longer +ve and the 2nd the test line was barely noticeable.

This just seems so bizarre. i'm worried something could be wrong.

you might start temping to see if you O...it could give you insight

it wont help you now but could later

I agree if your not currently charting you may want to start as it will provide more info as to what's going on during your cycles. Also sometimes our bodies gear up for some reason possibly due to stress or illness it doesn't allow us to ovulate until a later date which may have been what happened your case. I hope you took advantage of the cervical fluid and + OPK just to cover your bases :winkwink:

Hi I usually do OPKs twice a day 12 hours apart so 8 am and 8pm and sometimes you just get the true positive on one and 12 hours later its back to -ve. The gap is so small. Maybe do them 12 hours apart next cycle and see what happens?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->