Any advise would be appreciated

Allym0101

TTC # 1 after 3 loses
Reaction score
Hi Ladies. I'm a little confused and upset.
AF is due on Wednesday. I've had mild cramps today and when I went to the toilet earlier I had quite a bit of brown discharge on my pants. This scared me a little, as when I had my ectopic it started off with brown discharge.
So I just took a first response test and got a negative result. Could my period be starting now, and if yes, why is it 3 days early and why is it so dark in colour?

Anyone got any idea?

Thanks

:dust:

Ally - is this your first AF after your m/c? My first one was really really dark, so maybe that's it? In any event, my RE told me that my cycles may be a little screwy for a couple of months after m/c, so that coudl explain why its early.

xx

Hey, sometime my AF starts like that, then comes properly the next day, could be a funny cycle!!

Thanks Zee Zee and Lizzie. I guess it is just AF starting a little ealier than usual.
Oh and Zee Zee, this isn't my first cycle since m/c. My last pregnancy was in December.

xox

Ally, sometimes this happens to me too. If it is brown and dark, it is considered old blood from your last cycle. As your body prepares for AF, your progesterone levels drop. This causes your uterus to shed it's lining (AF). Sometimes, you have a cycle and not all of the blood discharges from your body. It stays there (and turns brown) until your progesterone starts to drop. Then it comes out. As your progesterone drops even further, your AF will begin. Don't count this as Day 1 of your cycle as technically this is from your last cycle. Count Day 1 as the first full day of red flow.

I've had times when I have 2-3 days of this brown stuff before my AF actually kicks in. I hope this helps!

Cycles are a bit all over the place after a loss, so it might start 3 days early this month and 4 days late next month, and as above said it might just be old blood, and your body preparing for AF x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->