Any current mummies used these?

knk2011

Reuben's Mummy :)
Reaction score

I'm a FTM, I bought this teether for baby, it's for 2months +.
I know some mums just let their baby chew on their dummy, but I was wondering if any of you have used one of these before and if they were any good? I only paid about £2 for it, so it's not really a waste of money.

I also bought baby his own manicure set - which I'm assuming will come in handy also?

https://i43.tinypic.com/2z9ebdv.jpg

I don't remember seeeing them last time. I've seen small babies with that shape and thought they were weird dummies but they must have been those!

Anything that might help is worth a shot!

My mum swears by the water filled teethers and put them in the fridge, so I'm going to get one of those too.

Some of my friends said their babies hated them, but other friends said their babies hated the bonjela and teething powders etc. So I guess it's a case of trial and error!

I use the tommee tippee ones. They are great. I put lo's teething gel on them and I dont have to fiddle around in her mouth.

I use the tommee tippee ones. They are great. I put lo's teething gel on them and I dont have to fiddle around in her mouth.

Oh, we did try these ones! Dd didn't like them though.

I have lots of friends with babies who chew on Sophie the giraffe I found my children would chew on anything though tbh. One you can put in the fridge sounds good though.

My son just spat them out. Teething toys are much more useful or as someone else mentioned, the ones you can put in the fridge are good x

MAM also have dummies with teething parts on the ring, rather than just plain teethers.

I'm a FTM, as well, but I've been told by several different people that every baby is different. Some will reject every form of teether out there, and others like different ones.

I have a sophie the giraffe (I received it as a gift), but I'll probably get some freezable rings, as well. I've also seen a trick of using a dummy and an ice cube tray to make a little formula popsicle that I'll try at least once.

Yes my LO had one of those (a pink one, lol) and did like to give a good chew. As others have said freezer/fridge tethers are good, if you get two one can be chilling whilst another is being chewed, then swap them over etc! Also, again as has been previously mentioned, Sophie the giraffe (the squeaky toy not necessarily the teething specific one which has rings on it) has had THE MOST chewing ever, she absolutely loves it! Bit pricey at around £10 and looks and sounds a little like a dog toy, but it is by far her FAVORITE toy and well worth every penny!

Xx

I used those ones, but my daughter didnt like them they confused her as were too similar to a dummy xx

I have lots of friends with babies who chew on Sophie the giraffe I found my children would chew on anything though tbh. One you can put in the fridge sounds good though.

My second loved Sophie and my first had teethers that looked like a dummy (love that term) but was in the shape of a ridged raspberry.

I bought these mesh things meant for food, and put ice in them(and then wet them to make the mesh colder). My daughter loved them ,and I just had to deal with any water she didn't suck up, which was totally worth it in the long run.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0009ET93Q/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

I didn't like them for food much. Always got stuck in the mesh and was terrible to clean.

Wow, we haven't even thought about things like this yet - we're only getting stuff that baby needs immediately and will buy more once baby needs it. Having said that, IMO the ones that you freeze are very good and baby will chew on whatever it can get its hands on once it starts teething.

If you don't have anything to hand, run your finger under cold water for a minute and pop that on babies gum, it's very soothing.

We had the tommee tippee ones for LO but he just sucked the teething gel off it and threw it away :lol: i guess its just a case of seeing if your LO will like it.x

I've got heaps of different ones. He hates the taste of Sophie though.
And I received 4 manicure kits as baby gifts lol

Every baby is differant.
Mine loved sophie (or bob as it was called in our house) and its still sitting on the shelf in his bedroom because he wants to give it to his baby brother :)
Other things he liked where the rings from poundland but hated the fridge ones.
The gum shaped ones that you put the gel on he just sucked the gell of and thrrw away the teether.
Be carfull letting them chew om a adverage dummy as the material is not made for this and split easily and become a chiking hazzerd.
Its advised to take them away or replace often if they start chewing on them.

If you want to go for somthing more natural look into amber teething neclaces, not everyone likes the look of them though.
They dont actualy chew on it but wear it, the warmth of the skin makes it realease Succinic acid which is a natural mineral from the tree sap amber is made from and has been used for anti imflammatery purposes for thousands of years.
It eases the pain of teething and is worth reading up about.
It has alot of high reccomendation and success.

Every baby is differant.
Mine loved sophie (or bob as it was called in our house) and its still sitting on the shelf in his bedroom because he wants to give it to his baby brother :)
The gum shaped ones that you put the gel on he just sucked the gell of and thrrw away the teether.
Be carfull letting them chew om a adverage dummy as the material is not made for this and split easily and become a chiking hazzerd.

If you want to go for somthing more natural look into amber teething neclaces, not everyone likes the look of them though.
They dont actualy chew on it but wear it, the warmth of the skin makes it realease Succinic acid which is a natural mineral from the tree sap amber is made from and has been used for anti imflammatery purposes for thousands of years.

They are amazing, but the smaller ones have been withdrawn from sale from the bigger sellers of them. They now say do not use them until child is 36 months now. I am going to be ordering an anklet, which again have been withdrawn but I think if you are sensible it wouldn't be a problem.

We never had any problems with Oliver's teething and he had an amber necklace from the minute he started getting signs x

Every baby is differant.

They are amazing, but the smaller ones have been withdrawn from sale from the bigger sellers of them. They now say do not use them until child is 36 months now. I am going to be ordering an anklet, which again have been withdrawn but I think if you are sensible it wouldn't be a problem.

We never had any problems with Oliver's teething and he had an amber necklace from the minute he started getting signs x

yeah you have to be sensible with them, id prefer to have a anklet rather then a necklace but OH got funny about the idea of lo wearing anything jewlery looking, thankfully we had minimul problems with lo teething.
Its better to read up about them and look at a few different sources first as ther are some ebay sellers that don't make them safely ie knotting between each bead.
I actualy found a anklet one on the bottom of the swimming pool the other month :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->