Any Diabetics on here?

funkym

Reaction score
Hi - just wondering if there are any ladies out there who are diabetic who are either trying to concieve or even pregnant??

I am type 1 diabetic who has had 2 miscarriages (1 in Nov and 1 a fortnight ago)..just feel so sad at the moment and blaming my condition. Any advice would be great thanks!

xxx

just wanted to say im sorry hun, im not but my DH is and my mom. mom had two successful pregnancies both ending in planned c sections ( but this was a while ago) she was insulin dependent at the time.

Thanks for the message hun ! My problems dont stop there, i have also got 2wombs, yep 2 !! Eveyone says i'm just being greedy :blush: - my consultant said there shouldnt be anything to worry about though.

:hugs: xxx

Hey :) I just wanted to wish you good luck! The closest thing I got to diabetes was insulin dependent gestational diabetes. I know at least one type 1 diabetic who has a baby, she had no problems being pregnant or giving birth, I don't know if she struggled with TTC though.

Did your doctor say that you miscarried because of the diabetes?

H hun. They didnt give me an explantion why i have miscarried twice, just said "its one of those things". We have to go for blood tests just to rule things out and if i get caught again then i have to start baby aspirin. We are having a break TTC because after all the heartache we have booked to go to Canada in Sept
xx

I'm at great risk of diabetes. My mother has type 2 and it is also on my fathers side. I've recently had a glucose intolerance test...Getting the results on feb 14th

I am also type 1 diabetic, and im on an insulin pump. may I ask how your bg reading average is? My endocrinologist told me to not even think about TTC unless I can get my a1c down to 7, but to actually try they want me to be at around 5.5 to 6.5. anything higher and there is a huge risk for miscarrage and/or birth defects and still birth.

My bf and i suspect we've gone through at least 3 miscarrages, but we would never know for certain....but then again my a1c is around 11....i know, rediculously high!

Hi - My average reading is 7.5, they want it to be around 6.5 - 7. They said they see patients with much higher readings and still have a normal pregnancy. I am on insulin (4 times a day) But as you know its soooooo hard to get your sugar's down !!

I dont know if this applies to woman but DH's sugars are so much better when he is going to the gym, even with no changes to his eating they get so much better.

My consultant told me the same, i bought myself a treadmill but its gathering dust ! I must start going on it as we are hoping to try again around Sept.

i sympathize, diabetes is not easy sigh, but you can do it! i would try get word on obgyn's who specialize in diabetic pregnancies because from what i have seen diabetes treatment seriously varies according to your endo. i hope i dont sound out of turn speaking as i dont have diabetes, just lived with the fam having it so i wanted to pass on what i know.

Thanks Cupcake. I am currently under the diabetes pregnancy unit,i have my bloods done every few weeks etc..just so hard to try and do the right thing, i also have 2 wombs - which is not really a complication but sometimes i wonder "wonder which condition made me have a m/c". I'm trying to be positive but i'm such a negative person its hard to !!

I am not diabetic, but I am diabetic during pregnancy. 2 out of 3 pregnancies I have been diabetic. My 2nd pregnancy, I controlled it with nighttime insulin (for fasting numbers) and diet. My 3rd pregnancy, I controlled it with insulin. I had to shoot up 3-4x a day. It was much worse this last time around.

Good luck to you!

I'm at great risk of diabetes. My mother has type 2 and it is also on my fathers side. I've recently had a glucose intolerance test...Getting the results on feb 14th

Oh I know how you mean! My mother has type 2, and her father & a couple of her brothers have type 1. Also my father has pre-diabetes (type 2) and his mum is type 2 aswell. It's like I don't have a shit-show for not inheriting it! I was diagnosed with Insulin Resistance about three years ago and I've lost some weight so my risk of getting diabetes is lower now compared to what it was. I hate inheriting everything, when my brothers have nothing. It's very frustrating :growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->