Any DreamFeeders out there?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Gemba, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Gemba

Gemba Well-Known Member

Well... Lucy has recently been going 7-9 hours between feeds at night, which is great! However this is from her 5/6pm feed until 12/2am... Do you thnk that giving her a dreamfeed around 10/11 might shift this 7 hours back a bit? Advice please!

2. ke29

ke29 Well-Known Member

Yep probably! If I dont dream feed my LO at 10 he wakes up at 12-1.

3. happigail

happigail Mummy to Kitty and Ashy.

I religiously dream fed until 3 months and worked a treat!!

4. Gemba

Gemba Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies! So another daft question... When you dreamfeed do you wake LO... Get them out of cot as usual to feed? Or do it in their cot so they don't wake too much...? xx

5. PrayinForBaby

PrayinForBaby Haley's Mommy =)

My LO is almost 11 months old...and as we speak I'm getting ready to go give her a dream feed..if not within the next hr or 2 she will wake up to eat and want to play but if I do it now she'll sleep through lol

6. purplepower

purplepower 1st time Mummy

I dreamfeed around 10/11 LO doesn't even open his eyes. I bf so I get him out of Moses basket. He wi then sleep till 2 or 3 I feed him again then when he is fidgeting and making noises this way he hardly wakes again during feed and goes straight back down afterwards.

7. Gemba

Gemba Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'll give it a try tonight!!

8. whoops

whoops Just me and my LO

I take her out of her cot - she wears a sleeping bag now but before that I'd keep the blanket wrapped around her so it wasn't too much of a change in temperature.

9. ke29

ke29 Well-Known Member

My LO is also asleep and we take him out of the cot. Just make sure you gently wind afterwards or you may find LO wakes up with trapped wind shortly after. I usually just sit LO up after and he lets out a burp, opens an eye to see whats going on then back to sleep.

10. Louppey

Louppey Mummy to 2 girls <3

I df my little one in her cot, she doesn't wake up at all and has never really suffered badly with wind so that doesn't seem to be a problem for her.

She still wakes up during the night sadly :coffee: but never for a feed. Just to be a little madam LOL :haha:

11. wiiwidow

wiiwidow 1st timer!

I don't quite dream feed, but we wake him up slowly at 10.30, change the nappy (otherwise he'll be soaking in the morning) feed him and more often than not he's fallen back asleep before he's finished the bottle. I tried to skip this feed a few weeks back and he was up at 2am and then disturbed for the rest of the night. Well worth a few goes!
    Funnily enough he's usually a bit pukey/windy, but if he's fallen back to sleep on the bottle he doesn't need a wind and can go straight down with no problems. If he's still awake then I will just give him a quick wind and back down.

12. Mrs IKW

Mrs IKW Well-Known Member

Im still dream feeding now at almost 7 months and V sleeps 7.30pm till 7.30am! :)