any egg donors?

I have nystangmus and albinsum so i think it is

Ty hun. I scoured the website and could only see genetics none of which ive had an issue with. Thank you. I would get them to list the info but I guess you can donate x

Just going to have to book an app to talk about other stuff, legal issues and the process too x ty

I think it's a wonderful thing!!

What procedures do you have to go through?

they'll have information they can send you about all of that, I got a package with my initial questionnaire :)

snow owl, it's just the same as IVF - I'll inject myself every day for 8-12 days and go in for regular internal scans then I'll have egg collection under general anaesthetic. that's like an internal scan but a needle goes into your ovaries and they suck out the fluid. makes me cringe/wince just thinking about it to be honest :haha:

they'll have information they can send you about all of that, I got a package with my initial questionnaire :)

snow owl, it's just the same as IVF - I'll inject myself every day for 8-12 days and go in for regular internal scans then I'll have egg collection under general anaesthetic. that's like an internal scan but a needle goes into your ovaries and they suck out the fluid. makes me cringe/wince just thinking about it to be honest :haha:

How do you get the pack?

I was going through the process and backed out at the last minute. I felt really bad but I was suddenly overwhelmed with the thought of someone else bringing up my child and I couldn't do it. I think it's a wonderful gift though and I so admire you.

Ive ordered a pack but I wont decide till I have the app with councillor there. My worry is child having absolutely crap childhood :(

mummylove, I phoned and did a quick questionnaire with a nurse to check that I was eligible (you have to be under 35, BMI of under 30 - I think! - and I can't remember what else) then they sent me out a questionnaire with an information pack.

that's a shame emyandpotato, you did the right thing though if you were having doubts! at least you got that far :)

I don't worry about that midnight fairy because the women on the waiting list will probably have been trying to have a baby for many years and spent quite a lot of money already. I asked at my first appointment and the waiting list for receiving eggs is about 2 years, I would reckon that most people on that list wouldn't have found out straight away that they would need donor eggs and it's also not an easy decision to make so add another few years at least onto that 2 years. I know that the length of time trying and the money spent on fertility investigations and treatments doesn't represent how good a childhood your child will have but I feel pretty safe in the knowledge that any babies born from my eggs will be so badly wanted and loved and that's all that matters really :)

I was only TTC for 2 years which is nothing compared to women who have to use donor eggs and that was painful and difficult enough, really want to give at least one person their happy ending.

Been thinking more of this this reading this thread. I know i need to lose weight so i gonna drop some weight first then apply. Back to gym for me from tuesday. Would be wonderful to help someone else if i could

i had my counselling appointment yesterday and my DH came along too. really excited to get started now! my consents appointment is next week :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->