Any else have this problem?? Baby not staying full!

Missy08

Reaction score
My DD is a month old today and so far she's pretty much only had breast milk (except a little formula while in the hospital). Now it's about time for to go back to work and she'll be bottle fed with expressed milk. The problem is it seems like my breast milk isn't keeping her full, she CONSTANTLY wants to feed...and I mean close to every hour (sometimes less)...this just doesn't seem normal and I'm worried about how this will go when she is in daycare.

Does anyone else have this problem? Should I be supplementing with formula??

Sounds like a growth spurt Hun. Very common and she's only tiny still. X

Thanks! :flower: I really want her to have breast milk exclusively, it's just frustrating because I feel like I constant have a child attached to me :wacko: Plus I keep feeling like she isn't getting enough.

I second pp that it sounds like growth spurt where they feed more to increase your supply so they can feed more.
It can also be comfort as well, which is also very important for you and baby.
Keep going!!

I agree with growth spurt. Let her nurse as often as she needs to in order to keep your supply up!

I too had very similar feeding with my little girl. I panicked so much that I couldn't feed her properly and would have to supplement with formulae. However, as the weeks have gone on she has settled down and takes more at one sitting now and lasts longer. She must have had growth spurts as obviously needed the extra milk and to increase my supply. I would say from 10 weeks her feeding definitely calmed down and she started going longer between feeds and being satisfied x

Thanks everyone! It helps to hear that it's normal and won't last forever :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->