Any experience with cervical length scans?

smileyfaces

Reaction score
Hello :wave:

I have an ultrasound on Friday to check the length of my cervix (previous cervical treatment for pre-cancerous cells) to see if f I need a stitch putting in or not.

Has anyone had this before? Will the scan be abdominal or vaginal? They said if it measure 2.5cm or less then I will get a stitch.

Also, anyone with previous LLETZ treatments had any issues with their cervix during pregnancy or delivery?

I had cryotherapy a month before getting pregnant. It's a different procedure for the same diagnosis. My cervix has been extra sensitive the whole pregnancy. I spotted from 12 to 16 weeks and again last week. The doctor manually assessed my cervix in L&D and didn't seem concerned...

I never had any cervical procedures but at 26 weeks my cervix shortened randomly to 2cm and I was placed on immediate bedrest and progesterone. Luckily it didn't shorten anymore and I made it to over 37 weeks now. The scan is usually vaginal to get a better picture of the actual length. Also you need someone very experienced bc cervical length can vary depending on the angle ( dynamic cervix).

My girlfriend has a LEEP procedure done recently and was advised not to get pregnant with a third child as the risk of incompetent cervix is high. Depends on how much of the cervix the touched etc. Usually though most people do have issues throughout pregnancy but the can be managed. GL xx

Thank you, very helpful! They told me at my booking appointment at 6weeks that there is a risk of preterm labour and an incompetent cervix but that it doesn't happen for most women and that I should be fine. Hopefully the scan on Friday shows a nice long cervix lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->