Any experience with pins n needles?

wtbmummy

Reaction score
I have not been sleeping the last few days, mixture of ds waking, needing a wee, needing a drink, vivid dreams.

But last night despite laying on my right side kept waking getting pins n needles in my left arm.

Upon waking this morning my legs ached soooo much it was painful. That subsided to a point but then i fell asleep on my back on the sofa and again woke with pins n needles in my entire left arm. But also my right hand???

The aching in my legs is back also :dohh:

It is the same sensation as pins and needles however it doesnt hurt to touch things like when getting pins and needles.

Does anyone have any ideas at all? I also have a headache and just dont feel quiet right in myself. Baby is kicking away just fine though.

Thanks

I had something similar last week for 3/4 days - I woke lying on my left but hand pins and needles down my right arm. I also had the opposite with my leg - lay on my right but had sciatica type pain down my left leg when I woke up. It hasn't come back though. I consulted dr google and it seemed like it is fairly common during pregnancy and is to do with squishing veins and general changes in blood volume etc. If it had continued I'd have probably called my midwife just to make sure it's nothing to be concerned about. Could you do that if you are worried?

Since I was pregnant with ds1 ive gotten numbness/pins and needles down both arms and my thumb, pointer, and middle fingers... I was told it's carpal tunnel and it goes away for most women after birth. My midwife said it's from all of the extra fluids pushing on nerves. I get it worst when I lean on my back and when pregnant but I was one of the unlucky ones for whom it never went away.

Yes! I had carpel tunnel with my last baby and it went away right after she was born. This one is the same.way. My arm falls asleep, especially the one I'm not laying on. Now that's new for me this time.

Thank you everyone.
It seems to have got better and worse on and off throughout that day.
I still keep getting it but nowhere near as bad as that first day i wrote this post.
Im not sure if its carpel tunnel or just baby girl rolling about where she shouldnt :shrug: I will mention it to my midwife on the 5th but as it doesnt seem to be as bad now i think it can wait (especially how busy i expect they are over the next few days)

Thanks again everyone and have a great christmas :xmas2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->