Any healthcare assistants/auxiliary nurses out there?

Missnurse

Reaction score
Hi

Basically before I had DS I had been at uni doing my nursing degree but left when I found out I was pregnant and it is not a viable option to return right now. I am now ready to return to work and have got myself an interview at a community hospital near where I stay as an auxiliary nurse. I already have my SVQ level 2 in health and social care and I'm hoping that they may agree to putting me through for level 3. What I wondered was if anyone on here had or knew someone who started as an auxiliary nurse and got put trough their training as a reg nurse while they worked? I feel this would be a better option for me to work and do the uni side of nurse training from home.

Thank you for any answers

Hi when I was training as a nurse a few hca were seconded to do the training, although they still had to go uni study at home wasn't an option.

No they dont as far as im aware. You can do the hnd whilst at work which means you can skip 1st year uni. However your manager needs to put you through for this and only nominate 1 or 2 per year so you'd probably have to have been there a good few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->