Any ideas for a 3rd (family) birthday party and making it fun?

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by LPF, Oct 2, 2013.

1. LPF

LPF Well-Known Member

Lo is turning 3 at the end of novmeber and we will be having a family party down south where most of our relatives are and there will be grandparents, aunts, uncles and his 2 cousins who are 8 and 9.

Lo is VERY aware ad excited that his birthday is coming up so I wanted to make the party a bit special for him in a toddler way - rather than the party being a bunch of adults iykwim. I really wanted a bouncy castle but the weather is always freezing on his birthday and the garden is really hilly so that's not an option :-( which I'm sad about!

How else could I make it even more exciting for him (seeing his family is also very exciting)?

2. Laucu

Laucu Well-Known Member

A piñata!!! Stuffed full of sweets and small toys!

I got Emma a lovely butterfly one, it was especially for younger kids so you pulled strings to open it rather than whack the bejesus out if it. They're called pull piñatas. Great fun.

3. MLC20

MLC20 Well-Known Member

Buy white t-shirts and fabric paint and get everyone to make their own t-shirts or get the adults to help the kids. Piñata is a great idea. Pass the parcel, treasure hunts are always fun too and can be done inside.