Any ideas or advice?

Hels

Reaction score
This is starting to drive me mad now!
For the last two months or so Charlie has started waking up more and more during the night for millk.

It started as a couple of times a week while she was teething, up until last night it was twice https://www.serendipityforum.co.uk/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I have no idea WHY she wants it, hunger, comfort, help her to get back to sleep, I just dont know. Her teeth are all cut through the surface, and they havent usually bothered her once they are through, so I dont htink its teething still.

It not just the fact I have to get up and do the milk, but Im awake for a good hour even two, I just cant get back to sleep.

Iknow we have got ourselves in to a bad routine by giving milk in bed, but I really thought that when she was sleeping through the night from 5 months we had cracked it! She used to beg to go to bed and sleep a good 12 hours!

Jack went through this hun and its really wearing isn't it?
I started watering the milk down, then just swapped to water and he got the message but it did take a while also how do you feel about leaving a cup of water with her one of them non spill thingys?

Its all trail and error really
sorry prob haven't been much help!

I water her milk down Jo in the middle of the night, and one night I took her some warm water up........she threw it at me and shouted 'Dont like it' :dohh:

Got SS here with us til 27th, so after that im going to try and get it sorted one way or another, I cnat let her make too much noise as his room is literally right next door, cant do with them both up LOL!

I just want it sorting for when the baby gets here, or Im going to be knackered LOL, I guess on the up side Im used to sleepless night LOL.

My Charlie's the same hun. He'll go for days without waking, then he'll be up for the next few!

Last weekend he slept 3 nights at 14 hours a time!!! He's never done that before. Yet last night, he was up from 2am till 3.35am, then back awake again at 5.45am!:hissy:

We do nothing different on the days he sleeps through, but he just pleases himself when he's going to wake and when he's going to sleep.

have you tried giving some porriage or some sort of cereal before bed..... Abbie is 2 and still wakes up in the night, not cause she is hungry, cause she wants me......

I always offer supper Skiwi, she will now and then eat some, mainlt toat or weetabix.
She doesnt seem to sleep better even if she does take supper though! Grrrr!!

I went through this with Raven she woke up in the night because she wanted attention not milk, so on advice of my grammy I left a sippy cup of milk in the cot and when she would wake up and still call me even though she had her sippy cup I would just pick it up and hand it to her and not say a word or engage with her at all and eventually she was sleeping through the night again hope this helps xoxoxoxoxox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->