Any ideas what could be causing this pain?

JBNSZM

Reaction score
Hey. Just looking for opinions. Would go straight to the dentist but I'm waiting for my husband's benefits to kick in since I don't have 2000 dollars to just drop. About a month ago, shortly before finding out I'm pregnant, I developed a huge headache. Went to bed absolutely fine one night and woke up to my 2 year old crying just to find out my head was in brutal pain. Chalked it up to a headache. Went back to bed after putting zack back to bed and woke up with it still there. Started taking advil which did nothing. So I started taking aleve which again did nothing. While I was still trying the advil, the left side of my jaw started to hurt and then my left ear. At this point I chalked it up to a sinus cold. I've never had one that bad but that's probably what it was. A week after all this started I found out I was pregnant. So I set up a Dr's appointment for the next week and figured if I was still in pain by then I'd bring it up to my doctor. When the advil and aleve did nothing to help the pain I tried tylenol. Nothing changed the pain. It actually started to get worse. But one night I realized that flossing my gums didn't make it better. It actually hurt more but at the same time seemed to relieve some of the pressure at that moment. The night before my appointment was the worst and I got maybe an hour of sleep because the pain was horrid. When I got the the Dr's the pain was much less. But it was still there. So I brought it up. Told her everything I could about it. She wanted me to go across the street to the hospital to run a test because she thought it could have been something. I forget what she called it but it turns out it wasn't it. Either way though halfway through my hospital visit, there was no pain. The doctor asked if it could be my wisdom teeth. I told him that they have caused pain before but nothing like this. Typically it's just enough pain to hurt while I eat or open my mouth. But they couldn't figure out what was wrong so they sent me home and told me that if I develop other symptoms like fainting to come back in. There's been no new symptoms . The first day and a half after the hospital there wasn't any pain. But then it suddenly came back again and I've been battling this pain for a total of a month and a half now. If I had to say I'd say the source is deffinately my mouth. More specifically the left side upper gums. The teeth don't hurt but my gums around he teeth do. And the worse my gums feel the worse my ear and head feels. And it's only the left side. I'm trying to find a dentist who might be willing to accept payments so that I can get my wisdom teeth removed. Although I haven't found one yet and I still don't overly agree with it being my wisdom teeth as the pain I get from them has never been like this. When it has been my wisdom teeth in the past it's just been the gum right around the wisdom teeth, and the pain would only be there while eating and opening my mouth. And it would after around day or two go away. I just don't know what to do anymore. I can't handle this pain. It's driving me nuts.:growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->