Any ideas?

cabaretmum2b

Scarlett's Mummy!
Reaction score
Hey :)

I'm 17, found out I was pregnant yesterday, and am starting to fret about money etc already! I work in a job which is based purely on commission - ie I only get paid for the products I sell - so I'm guessing I won't be entitled to maternity pay! My OH is still a student at college and doesn't have a job, which means that by August (when I'm due) it's pretty likely we're going to have no real income. What can I do??

Find a new job. One that pays some sort of minimum wage, and save every dollar you get. When theres a will there is most certainly a way. Always remember that :)

Thanks :) I was thinking of that, but surely by the time I find one (there's a real job shortage at the moment) I'll probably be showing, and nobody's going to hire someone who will be leaving in a few months!

It is in the discrimination act that they are not allowed to NOT employ you because you are pregnant. It's against the law x

if your not able to get another job and live in the uk , when your 29 weeks pregnant you'll be entitled to income support until your child is 15 weeks old . If you live anywhere else i can't think of a back up or anything. Sorry:( x

Thanks girls :) I do live in the UK, so I guess I could use that at a last resort, but I'd rather not be living off of benefits, so I will try to get a job and stuff first :)

Thanks girls :) I do live in the UK, so I guess I could use that at a last resort, but I'd rather not be living off of benefits, so I will try to get a job and stuff first :)

Have you been working for 26 weeks in the last 66? If you have - commission or not (Ithink) - then you are entitled to maternity allowance. Which is pretty much maternity from the government.

Your oh is entitled to benefits too for college I think.

I don't think he is enetitled to 'normal' benefits but he should be entitled to either EMA (16-18 up to £30 a week) or ALG (19+ up to £30 a week)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->