Any Kiwis on Here?

Skywalker

Reaction score
Just curious :-= I am not a real Kiwi, just an American living in NZ :) My baby's half Kiwi though!

It's all very new to me, this country and being pregnant, so I'd love to find any other NZ ladies and hopefully even some Auckland ladies for some advice! :hugs: :flower:

Hello , kiwi born and bred here :)

Hi Maybebayb! Where in NZ are you? :hugs: My OH is from Rotorua but we're living in Auckland. And according to your ticker, we're almost exactly as far along (though at my scan 8 days ago, I was measuring 5 weeks, so I'm a little over 6 weeks right now)

I'm in windy wellington, the other halfs family live up in Aucklnd though!

That's awesome! I heard from a friend just the other day that Wellington has the best Mexican restaurant in the whole of New Zealand. You're a lucky girl :winkwink: I wonder if we're the only NZ girls on here?

I've seen a few floating around.
Ooh which restaurant is that?
Haven't ever really tried Mexican unless you count my kiwi nachos I make lol.

I've seen a few floating around.
Ooh which restaurant is that?
Haven't ever really tried Mexican unless you count my kiwi nachos I make lol.

I'll have to ask him the name! I absolutely love Mexican. There are a lot of Mexican Americans in the States so I'm used to the real deal so I'm pretty picky, and there are a few places that are okay here in Auckland but apparently according to my other American friend here who tried it in Wellington, he said it's also the real deal :D Owned and run by a Mexican family if I'm not mistaken! I'll find out the name for you and let you know, and then I can enjoy the amazing Mexican-ness vicariously through you! :happydance: Haha how do you make your kiwi nachos?

I wonder if its the flying burrito brothers, that's the only one I know of. Still haven't been there though but I think we will make that the next place to try :)

I just cook up mince and onion , shred some carrot and zucchini into it for the vege factor, add a can of tomatoes, cook a bit more and serve it on rice with corn chips and loads of sour cream. Sometimes I add beans to bulk it up a bit but DD doesn't really like beans so that's why I don't usually use them. If avocado is in season ill mash up one of those and chuck it on top too :D

Hey there, I'm in Auckland too, Kiwi born and bred :)

The Mexican restaurant your friend is talking about in Wellington is pretty good but it doesn't compare to Mexican Specialties in Ellerslie in Auckland. The place is legendary. They only open for lunch for days a week and dinner three days, and are ALWAYS packed!

The Mexican restaurant your friend is talking about in Wellington is pretty good but it doesn't compare to Mexican Specialties in Ellerslie in Auckland. The place is legendary. They only open for lunch for days a week and dinner three days, and are ALWAYS packed!

I've heard about that place too! I'll have to go there :D All I've wanted to eat today has been guacamole. I picked some up from the store and ate it on pizza, toast, etc. lol

Awesome that you're in Auckland as well! Do you know of any good maternity clothing stores? I'm mostly just bloated right now but feel more comfortable in maternity clothes (way less self-conscious lol) I've been getting them from Sylvia Park (Just Jeans and The Warehouse)

I wonder if its the flying burrito brothers, that's the only one I know of. Still haven't been there though but I think we will make that the next place to try :)

I just cook up mince and onion , shred some carrot and zucchini into it for the vege factor, add a can of tomatoes, cook a bit more and serve it on rice with corn chips and loads of sour cream. Sometimes I add beans to bulk it up a bit but DD doesn't really like beans so that's why I don't usually use them. If avocado is in season ill mash up one of those and chuck it on top too :D

Can you come cook for me? :haha:

I've heard about that place too! I'll have to go there :D All I've wanted to eat today has been guacamole. I picked some up from the store and ate it on pizza, toast, etc. lol

Awesome that you're in Auckland as well! Do you know of any good maternity clothing stores? I'm mostly just bloated right now but feel more comfortable in maternity clothes (way less self-conscious lol) I've been getting them from Sylvia Park (Just Jeans and The Warehouse)

I got a couple of knit jerseys from Egg Maternity but they were pretty pricey. But I did wear them afterwards too, and they're back in circulation again now, of course!

But I really struggled to find good places too. I mostly just wore oversized tops and leggings by the middle of second tri onwards anyway! Oh, and a giant tent dress from Miss Crabb, haha. And a friend gave me a bunch of clothes that she got from TopShop Maternity when she went overseas, maybe it's possible to order online?

More important though was that I spent money on maternity clothes that SHOULD have been spent on clothes that were suitable for breastfeeding! I totally forgot about that! If you're planning to BF, definitely look for button-downs or V-neck tops that you'll be able to continue to wear afterwards.

I'm a Canadian living in NZ, in Wellington too actually. I'm curious about the Mexican place too. There is a Mexican restaurant in Miramar with a Mexican chef but not Mexican owned.

I got a couple of knit jerseys from Egg Maternity but they were pretty pricey. But I did wear them afterwards too, and they're back in circulation again now, of course!

But I really struggled to find good places too. I mostly just wore oversized tops and leggings by the middle of second tri onwards anyway! Oh, and a giant tent dress from Miss Crabb, haha. And a friend gave me a bunch of clothes that she got from TopShop Maternity when she went overseas, maybe it's possible to order online?

More important though was that I spent money on maternity clothes that SHOULD have been spent on clothes that were suitable for breastfeeding! I totally forgot about that! If you're planning to BF, definitely look for button-downs or V-neck tops that you'll be able to continue to wear afterwards.

Sweet :) Is Egg Maternity on/near Kyber Pass road? I think I've driven by it quite a bit! That's a really good point - I do plan to breastfeed. I was hoping to find some good maternity bras and saw some that were suitable for breastfeeding and wasn't sure if it would be silly to get them now but probably wouldn't hurt! I was surprised I found something this cute at The Warehouse, but right now I'm wearing a really long/oversized 3/4 sleeve sweater with an owl design on the front in little flat metallic beads. There are surprisingly some really cute maternity things there! Not great pants though lol. Yeah I feel you on the leggings! Thanks for your help :)

hey, Im kiwi! I live in the far north! this is my first baby. Nice to meet you all!

Hi Canadian NZlander and kiwis! :hi: You know what's funny? Most Kiwis I meet think I'm Canadian, because I'm from a town south of Boston, which is really far north in America :D :thumbup: (I don't have a Boston accent at all though. I trained it out of myself because I hated it. Most of the rest of my family has it though)

Hi im a kiwi too :) live in the coromandel peninsular

I've heard that is beautiful! My OH was going to take me there :)

At avidkeo, where in the north? Congrats to you and this is my first too! :D Nice to meet you ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->