any ladies familar with harrow area?

Amour

Reaction score
Hubby had secured a job here so we will be relocating soon.

We need to start by finding a rented property and not sure what to expect in terms of best areas, prices etc. We would be looking for a 2 bed flat/ small house. What would be looking at in terms of rental prices?

How is transportation to central london from here?

Any info about the area, what we can expect would be really appreciated :)

I was born in Harrow and still live in Harrow.

Rent Is around £1000 a month on a 2 bed depending on whereabouts you live. Harrow on the Hill is a posher area and you would be looking at quite abit more for a 2 bedroom flat their as it has the all boys boarding school where Winston Churchill went to school. You could find a cheaper place to rent in South Harrow, west Harrow, Harrow Weald (All less than 5 minutes from central Harrow)!

All of harrow (Harrow on the Hill, South Harrow, Harrow weald/harrow and wealdstone, West Harrow) All have their own train stations going into central London and its roughly 20 minutes on the train from Harrow & Wealdstone to Euston Station.

There are many Schools in the area if you have children....Catholic included. Its not the best area to live in but there is areas around Harrow that are much nicer to live in and the rent is alot cheaper. For example from Harrow on the Hill (Central Harrow) theres an area called Bushey which is about 20 minutes away and the houses are much nicer and actually alot cheaper. The area is alot better too. I would stay away from renting in Harrow wealdstone and I wouldn't recommend walking around Wealdstone after Dark.

Theres another area which is less than 10 minutes from Bushey called Watford...thats a cheap area too and alot nicer however it would take longer to get into London (40Minutes)

Theres also Wembley which is right around the corner from Harrow but again I wouldn't recommend renting their or Rayners Lane (5 minutes from South Harrow) but parts of Rayners lane arent so bad. Ruislip, Hatch end, Pinner or Northwood areas arent bad either and again its 10 minutes from Harrow.

I suppose like anywhere though you get bad areas. If you have any questions or need help feel free to PM me. Its not a bad area and even if you dont have a car its very easy to move around on public transport....alot of buses/trains ect. I'm not sure where you are relocating from but its about £2.20 on the bus but you can get an oyster card which will only cost you £1.30 per bus journey.

Welcome to the Area :)

EDIT: The areas I have said arent so nice or to stay away from them is because I have lived their previously. I lived in south Harrow for 10 years and never had a problem. One Side of Rayners lane always had trouble but the other side (By Eastcote) My nan still lives there now and its fine...(very quiet) I currently live in Harrow Weald and I haven't had any problems here.

I was born in Harrow and still live in Harrow.

Rent Is around £1000 a month on a 2 bed depending on whereabouts you live. Harrow on the Hill is a posher area and you would be looking at quite abit more for a 2 bedroom flat their as it has the all boys boarding school where Winston Churchill went to school. You could find a cheaper place to rent in South Harrow, west Harrow, Harrow Weald (All less than 5 minutes from central Harrow)!

All of harrow (Harrow on the Hill, South Harrow, Harrow weald/harrow and wealdstone, West Harrow) All have their own train stations going into central London and its roughly 20 minutes on the train from Harrow & Wealdstone to Euston Station.

There are many Schools in the area if you have children....Catholic included. Its not the best area to live in but there is areas around Harrow that are much nicer to live in and the rent is alot cheaper. For example from Harrow on the Hill (Central Harrow) theres an area called Bushey which is about 20 minutes away and the houses are much nicer and actually alot cheaper. The area is alot better too. I would stay away from renting in Harrow wealdstone and I wouldn't recommend walking around Wealdstone after Dark.

Theres another area which is less than 10 minutes from Bushey called Watford...thats a cheap area too and alot nicer however it would take longer to get into London (40Minutes)

Theres also Wembley which is right around the corner from Harrow but again I wouldn't recommend renting their or Rayners Lane (5 minutes from South Harrow) but parts of Rayners lane arent so bad. Ruislip, Hatch end, Pinner or Northwood areas arent bad either and again its 10 minutes from Harrow.

I suppose like anywhere though you get bad areas. If you have any questions or need help feel free to PM me. Its not a bad area and even if you dont have a car its very easy to move around on public transport....alot of buses/trains ect. I'm not sure where you are relocating from but its about £2.20 on the bus but you can get an oyster card which will only cost you £1.30 per bus journey.

Welcome to the Area :)

EDIT: The areas I have said arent so nice or to stay away from them is because I have lived their previously. I lived in south Harrow for 10 years and never had a problem. One Side of Rayners lane always had trouble but the other side (By Eastcote) My nan still lives there now and its fine...(very quiet) I currently live in Harrow Weald and I haven't had any problems here.

Thank you my love.. This is all that I wanted and more

Will check out houses in those areas, particularly Bushey

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back