• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any larger ladies due Dec 2015-Feb 2016?

That was me at 18 weeks

https://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr205/donnarobinson1214/55B6CA42-07A2-44F7-8A08-2445D2A0E958_zpsffqdtl63.jpg

Hi ladies! I am due in January. My BMI before getting pregnant was 30. I was right at the cut off point that my RE would do IVF.

Good luck to all!!

dbluett- Congrats on your IVF BFP! Woohoooooo!!!!!! That's amazing that you had so many left to freeze and that one round was enough for you. Congrats times a million! That's crazy that your RE has a 30 bmi cutoff. I wouldn't have been allowed to do my IVF cycles with a rule like that. For my first cycle, mine was 38, second and third were 33. I don't know if my clinic has a cutoff. ??? There are a lot of PCOS ladies who go there and we're all on the heavy side. They were thrilled when I lost weight between first and second cycle, but only to say that it would really reduce my risk of miscarriage. (Which it didn't, but it turned out that was due to immune issues, not weight.) I know it's early to ask, but when do you think you'll go in for your FET for baby #2? DH and I wanted to do it sooner rather than later, but the RE said I'd have to stop bf'ing before we could, and so now we're thinking it won't be for a couple years.

Donna- Yay for a lovely bump! It's so exciting to see bump pics on this thread. One of the OB's at my dr's office said I might not show for a while due to my weight, but I've sure proven her wrong. :haha: Seems like we're all definitely starting to show now, so I'm not sure what she was thinking when she said that. Of course, my OB told me I had a lovely little bump at 12 weeks, so maybe the other doctor is just blind. :winkwink:

dbluett- Congrats on your IVF BFP! Woohoooooo!!!!!! That's amazing that you had so many left to freeze and that one round was enough for you. Congrats times a million! That's crazy that your RE has a 30 bmi cutoff. I wouldn't have been allowed to do my IVF cycles with a rule like that. For my first cycle, mine was 38, second and third were 33. I don't know if my clinic has a cutoff. ??? There are a lot of PCOS ladies who go there and we're all on the heavy side. They were thrilled when I lost weight between first and second cycle, but only to say that it would really reduce my risk of miscarriage. (Which it didn't, but it turned out that was due to immune issues, not weight.) I know it's early to ask, but when do you think you'll go in for your FET for baby #2? DH and I wanted to do it sooner rather than later, but the RE said I'd have to stop bf'ing before we could, and so now we're thinking it won't be for a couple years.

Donna- Yay for a lovely bump! It's so exciting to see bump pics on this thread. One of the OB's at my dr's office said I might not show for a while due to my weight, but I've sure proven her wrong. :haha: Seems like we're all definitely starting to show now, so I'm not sure what she was thinking when she said that. Of course, my OB told me I had a lovely little bump at 12 weeks, so maybe the other doctor is just blind. :winkwink:

Thank you. We haven't discussed about #2 yet. And after calling around about day cares I don't know if we could afford two kids.

I hear you there. Preschool/daycare costs are a little nuts here as well. Are there and mommy groups in your area where everyone takes a turn watching the kids and everyone works 4-day weeks? I know we have a few of those here. I'm not going back to work for a while and when I do it's going to be from home, so we've been lucky that we don't have to worry about daycare/preschool until our LO gets old enough to need a bit more regular socialization with her peers. Still, looking at those preschool costs does sting a bit.

Hi ladies! I am due in February 2016. I weigh about the same starting out as I did with DD. I'm 5'3 and about 175lbs, my dr only wants me to gain 15 lbs which I would to only gain 15lbs! With DD I gained about 30lbs but lost it all right away. I am trying to eat like I already have GD as I did have it with DD but was just diet controlled.

Hi ladies! I had completely forgotten about this thread lol! Pregnancy brain really has gotten to me this time ;) anyhow thought I'd give an update, I'm 27 weeks and have lost around 20lbs and have not gained a single oz! I'm having maternity pics taken next week so I'll be sure to post those when I do. I hope everyone is doing good!

Have fun with the maternity pics!

I'll be 20 weeks on Thursday, so DH and I went in for the anatomy/anomaly scan today. Little lady kept her face burrowed into my placenta the entire scan, so the tech couldn't get any good pics. Boo. Besides that, everything looked perfect! Brain, neck, and heart are all exactly as they should be. Her lips and palate looked fine from what the tech could see, but we're going back in a month to try to get a look at her face just to make 100% sure things are normal since one of my ivf meds ups the risk of clefts.

Awww, I'm glad everything looked ok! My little guy wouldn't cooperate much either and I had to get a second scan to look at his face and diaphragm, even though we would have been satisfied without them because of how healthy he looked but they got the look a second time around 22 weeks and he looked great! Hope everything gos well at your second scan!

Thanks, jlw. :) How you doing? I'm guessing you're getting lots of baby kicks by now, still waiting for the big movements here- lots of little movements that I can't figure out if they're baby or not. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's had to double up on scans- though also sorry you had to go through a wait as well. I'm paranoid about the cleft lip/palate thing since one of my IVF meds increases the risk of it. It's still a teeeeeny tiny risk, but I'm super awesome at worrying lately. :winkwink:

How's everyone feeling today? Anyone else have any updates?

Here's the over the shoulder shot of our little girl. Bashful little thing (or maybe totally annoyed about being scanned yet again...).

11910929_393196427556068_822713218_n.jpg

Awww lovely pic! The wait didn't bother me at all but I wasn't at increased risk other than my age lol ;) though Dh was also very reassuring in saying even if he had a cleft palette, there's so much technological advancement that you can't even tell that someone had one anymore, though no mom wants to think about her little baby having surgery. Yes this little bean has been kicking me like crazy for a little over 2 months now and to be honest sometimes it can be quite painful! My girls never kicked me in what feels like my cervix and bubs uses it as a dance floor, it often feels as if he's going to kick through my lady parts! I got my nursery almost 100% done! I finished sewing his crib skirt and Dh and I upcycled an old TV cabinet into his new clothing armoire! The only thing I haven't gotten yet is a wall decal for above his crib because I can't decide which one I want! I'll have to post pics later!

I tried to post some pics but i guess i dont know how to post multiple pics haha, ill have to share later ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->